Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need Saorview

• 29-05-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, first post but this is something really simple i have a feeling about I wanted to clear up.

I have a Samsung 32 inch HD tv. Now I am only running this with an indoor aerial, but as the TV is Digital ready Im receiving all the channels (3e, rte news now etc.)

So I dont think I need Saorview...but I am getting the true HD on Network 2? (yeah i still call it network!)

The only reason im doubting is I havent heard many people saying they are in the same situation, and everyone is running around getting saorview.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

The fact you are receiving 3e and RTE News Now means you are receiving Saorview through your aerial. You are indeed receiving RTE 2 in HD, but it's only just commenced broadcasting HD material: Tipp v Cork GAA - today and CL Football and Magners Leauge - yesterday. Everything else on RTE 2 on Saorview is upscaled standard definition. RTE say that up to 40% of content will be in HD by year's end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It sounds like your TV already has a Saorview DTT tuner built in. In time, all TVs sold will have the Saorview tuners built in as standard.

The reason for the campaign is that the majority of existing TVs will not be capable of receiving Saorview DTT without a set top box.

If you are buying a new TV, make sure that it is Saorview compliant - be especially careful if buying in one of the UK multiples.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If you're receiving RTÉ News Now, you already have Saorview. Its not on any other platform at present (apart from the Internet...).

Saorview queries in the Terrestrial forum please. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement