Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American looking for camera-addicted pen pal

• 29-05-2011 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm an American male (Irish/German ethnicity), and my goal is to save up enough to move to Dublin within the next year or two. I'm an obsessive thinker, so I've spent a lot of time looking at apartments, Irish stores and service providers, and just zooming around Dublin city center in Google Maps street view.

I would like to do some emailing with a young Dublin resident, native or otherwise. I'll probably fill most emails pelting you with random (and probably very boring) questions about daily life in Dublin, and Ireland in general. Ideally, you'll be willing to put up with the clueless foreigner, and can freely chat about your day-to-day life in the city; pictures would be an immense plus. I would, of course, be happy to answer any questions about life here (or whatever else you're curious about), or just chat when you need someone to.

If you're a young, Dublinian email addict and this appeals to you, please reply with a little something about yourself. I work at home, and am on my laptop pretty much all day, so you won't have to wait long for a response if I decide I like you. :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Probably not the answer you're looking for but incase you dont already know this - Irelands economy is essentially screwed at the minute. Theres already loads of people leaving to go to America because there aren't enough jobs, etc etc.

My advise to you would be stay where you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Halzen

Probably not the answer you're looking for but incase you dont already know this - Irelands economy is essentially screwed at the minute. Theres already loads of people leaving to go to America because there aren't enough jobs, etc etc.

My advise to you would be stay where you are.

You're right, that isn't what I came here for. You might let your Irish emigrating buddies know that the economy isn't exactly fantastic here, either; if they want to flip burgers, they're coming to the right place, but their certificates aren't gonna help them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

You might be interested in the Dublin City forum here on boards - lots of the mundane of being in Dublin on there - kinda the good, bad, and the ugly.

Even with the country somewhat banjaxed it's still not a bad place at all (this, perhaps depending on your level of general optimism ;)) and we will ultimately recover - probably a little distance to go on that front yet.... but getting there, and it might be well worthwhile to be here for an upturn.

Good luck with your journey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Might be worthwhile getting a few people on facebook that are in dublin so you can follow them there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OP, you could also join Flickr and see if there are any "Dublin" groups you can follow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement