Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Kindle Classics

Options
  • 29-05-2011 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Just bought a kindle and am compiling a list of free classics to download and have for rainy days. I'll probably pick up the usual suspects that appear on every classics list. But can anyone recommend some hidden gems that they have come across ? Or other free kindle books you have read that are worth getting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭cml387

Go to Gutenberg.

Joyce,H.G. Wells,Jack London,Sheridan Le Fanu..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

cml387 wrote: »
    Go to Gutenberg.

Joyce,H.G. Wells,Jack London,Sheridan Le Fanu..

Gutenberg? Is that a site?
    I got a Kindle a while back and I've downloaded a few free books from amazon. Where else can I download free books which will go directly to my reader?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I got a Kindle a while back and I've downloaded a few free books from amazon. Where else can I download free books which will go directly to my reader?
    http://www.manybooks.net/ - Lots of classics as well as some more modern works where the authors have given the right to publish their work online.

You can choose to download it in Amazon's Kindle format (.azw) directly to your Kindle, assuming your Kindle is connected to your PC. For what it's worth, you can also download the .mobi format as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭cml387

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Gutenberg? Is that a site?
    Sorry:
    http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

I didn't know that Jules Verne was available for free...
    Good to know :D
    I knew Gutenberg already. Great project imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

kickarykee wrote: »
    I knew Gutenberg already. Great project imo.

Sorry I actually paid for the collection. Got confused. Some individual works are available for free though. Pologies for the confusion icon9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Skunkle wrote: »
    Sorry I actually paid for the collection. Got confused. Some individual works are available for free though. Pologies for the confusion icon9.gif

I see, no problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The book depository have a great selection of free ebook classics I've downloaded loads of them and have them for my road trips and travels :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

kickarykee wrote: »

Probably a poor translation. That's the problem with many old translated texts which are now in the public domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ganlan

seo1.jpgsignature2.jpgseo2.jpguk2.jpgliu.jpgyeah ,I think so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement