Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breach of mobile phone contract?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Right so I'm looking for any way to get out of my mobile contract with 3 UK.

1st June they are introducing a 1c charge for each delivery report on sms messages. Would this be considered a breach of contract on their part and allow me to get out if the contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Are they introducing it for new contracts only or enforcing it on existing customers without an opt-out? If it's the latter, I'd say you've got a good shot of getting out.

Then again, 3 customer care.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Right so I'm looking for any way to get out of my mobile contract with 3 UK.

1st June they are introducing a 1c charge for each delivery report on sms messages. Would this be considered a breach of contract on their part and allow me to get out if the contract?
    If they are introducing this charge for you in your current contract it means under regulation 17 they must release you frrom the contract if you do not agree to the change. details should be on their website. They may however decide to reverse the change instead leaving you stuck in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

They are enforcing it on existing customers.

You can opt out by turning off delivery reports but this is a feature I like and used to be free.

Advertisement