Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair/Hertz

• 29-05-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been notified by Ryanair that my flight to Santander on 8th Sept has been cancelled. I have been given the option of travelling after 26th Oct or 4 days earlier which is not possible. So end of my holiday arrangements!! Ryanair will refund the fare - Big deal!! I like to make arrangements well in advance but I find now that this can be fatal. I also reserved at the time of booking the flight, a car with HERTZ on the Ryanair site. I contacted HERTZ re cancelled Ryanair flight and that I consequently had to cancel the reserved car. They are insisting on a cancellation charge of €45. Even though the date of travel would be over three months from now, and I am not at fault, HERTZ attitude is "hard luck - thats your problem - €45 please". Ryanair state that they "are not responsible for the performance of any third party promoted on their site". Never again will I use HERTZ. Companies like these are out to take your money one way or another. There are other good companies out there that will not impose a cancellation charge - I am thinking particularly of those at ALICANTE airport. Thank you HERTZ and Ryanair for nothing!!

Advertisement