Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing pumped electric shower

• 29-05-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Any recommendations/ advice for suppliers who also install in the meath area? How much would I expect to pay for shower and fitting? Seeking a standard pumped shower, nothing fancy. As long as it's decent, so am guessing Triton/Mira. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

600 euro is the adverage price charged at the moment. There is loads in the meath area. If your stuck for someone PM me and i will give you 2 contacts.

That price includes supply of a T90.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Is that for the whole job? does one guy install it or both plummer and electrician? If so, does 600 cover the whole job plus supply?
    Also, forgot to mention that water pressure is dire. I'm guessing I need a pumped shower ie to increase water pressure during shower???

paddles wrote: »
    Is that for the whole job? does one guy install it or both plummer and electrician? If so, does 600 cover the whole job plus supply?
    Also, forgot to mention that water pressure is dire. I'm guessing I need a pumped shower ie to increase water pressure during shower???

600 euro for supply and fit of a t90

If the water pressure is dire then a t90 might be more suitable. An assement will have to be done by the installer but from experience T90 or Mira elites work in 80% of situations.

The only place they dont work is attic conversions. Here a negative head pump or a t80 has to be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Mightn't cover the cost of the installation of cable for the shower if its not already in situe.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Thinking of getting a pumped electric shower myself and thanks for the name of person who can fit Joey.

One question I have is that I live in a fairly hard water area, wonder how these type of showers handle hard water like this?do they need replacing more often?breakage?etc..

• Advertisement

kopkidda wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a pumped electric shower myself and thanks for the name of person who can fit Joey.

One question I have is that I live in a fairly hard water area, wonder how these type of showers handle hard water like this?do they need replacing more often?breakage?etc..

Hard water effects everything and pumped electrric showers are no different. It will shorten there life but not massivly as adverts lead you to believe. Its all down to how much its used. For example a women tends to use an electric shower for 15 min where as a man 5min. This is not sexist this is fact.

Just clean out the internal filter and head every 2 -3 months.

Just clean out the internal filter and head every 2 -3 months.

Is this easy to do and would you just use descaler on this?

kopkidda wrote: »
    Is this easy to do and would you just use descaler on this?

Its easy enough. I think from memory its covered in the manual but its a while since i read it cause i know how to do it.

Also the head...Just soak it overnight in clear vinager and water 50% it cleans it geat.

No descaller required. Co incidently...Lemon juice is a great tap descaller just be sure to clean it off. What i do is give the tap a rub with half a lemon. It works great.

Mightn't cover the cost of the installation of cable for the shower if its not already in situe.

??? Do you mean if there isn't already a shower fitting there? There isn't. I've been using a mixer tap with shower head and the Tbar pump for pressure. Never had an e shower there. Is having a Tbar pump system any advantage for a new shower or totally separate?

SOOOOO E600 PLus?????

paddles wrote: »
    ??? Do you mean if there isn't already a shower fitting there? There isn't. I've been using a mixer tap with shower head and the Tbar pump for pressure. Never had an e shower there. Is having a Tbar pump system any advantage for a new shower or totally separate?

SOOOOO E600 PLus?????

No 600 euro. If there was an existing shower there and the cable and chord is fine it will be done for 150 including the price of the shower.

• Advertisement

No 600 euro. If there was an existing shower there and the cable and chord is fine it will be done for 150 including the price of the shower.

My regular plummer has quoted me 500/550 but that i also need an electrician. Then got an electrician who quoted 200 for his part. If the average as you say is 600 total, that's way too much? Although the electrician was mulling for a while over where the cable would go so maybe mine is an awkward job? Its for supply and fit of a T90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Does anyone know how much it would cost to install a tray and shower doors as well as an electric shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

you will get a t90 for about 280euro max a plumber could do it as a nixer for 150 max and a sparky about 180 max and electrical gear costs a good bit more than the plumbing

kevez wrote: »
    you will get a t90 for about 280euro max a plumber could do it as a nixer for 150 max and a sparky about 180 max and electrical gear costs a good bit more than the plumbing

T90's are 249 in woodies and 240 in a lot of builders providers and wholesalers and cheaper if you catch the outlets on 10% day

Lads bought some cable there for the job the other day, chap in shop said that 6mm square cable is the coorect one for the job, I have a 9.5kw shower to go in.

Someone else said I would need the 10mm square cable for this??

Advertisement