Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any fish take aways that make their own batter in Galway?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Just wondering if there is any fish and chip take away or restaurant that makes fresh batter for fish. I hope so. I am so used to going to take aways and seeing the fish already battered and it looks half frozen and not very appetising. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

mcdonnaghs at the end of quay street does fab fish and chips and not to forget the mushy peas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

McDonaghs is very overrated. Try Harry Fitz at the end of Shop St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

+1 for Harry Fitz.
    Nothing wrong with McDonagh's but Harry Fitz's cod and chips is delish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Harry Fitz' gets good reviews. Point to note though if you are vegetarian or eat fish not meat, it is not the place for you as they cook with beef dripping (correct me if they've changed that). If you like beef fat you're grand! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Jack Jordan's in doughiska make there own batter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

ErnieBert wrote: »
    +1 for Harry Fitz.
    Nothing wrong with McDonagh's but Harry Fitz's cod and chips is delish

can't wait for a bag of chips when i get back this summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gerrybbb

Jack Jordans is yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

The customer service in Harry Fitz hasnt been great on any occasion ive been there, lovely food but wont be going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

McDonaghs is very overrated. Try Harry Fitz at the end of Shop St.

Madness I say.....:-)

While the cod+chips can taste different from place to place and we all have different taste, the choice and freshness in McDonaghs is the best.

To another posters point, the staff in McDonaghs are among the best in Galway.

If you eat there regularly, it's like going into your local, they treat the tourists very well also. ++ Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JackJordans

Can confirm that Jack Jordans make their own batter

<It's ok to use this account to respond to customer queries but the rest of this post was advertisement and thus removed.
    If you want to use boards to gain profit by advertising here then you need to contact hello@boards.ie to get an ad spot.
    Using a free account to attempt to gain profit from boards users is not allowed.
    biko
    moderator>

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement