Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have instructions for this Lidl 8 Person Tent?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I got this tent as a freebie from my sister who thought that the instructions were in the bag but when I took it out to check they were nowhere to be found so I was wondering if anyone out there had the same tent that could send me on the instructions to put it up if possible.

Here's a picture
    DSC00110.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cftb_11

It looks more challenging then it is. Firstly put in all your poles to form the shape of the tent. Then attach the two rooms with the clips provided. Close the door and peg the tent down. Then you can peg in the ground mat at the end. Id say do it in your back garden or a field somewhere just to get the hang of it.

Ha or you can donate it to me. !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

You will get absolutely soaked if you use this. Tents from Tesco, Dunnes, Lidl etc. are just not worth it.

I do the tent pitching for charity with Scouts at Oxegen every year and the crap people use is amazing. You'd be better off investing in a tent that will keep you dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cftb_11

Maybe you could tell me what happens to all the tents that are left at oxygen. I was just down camping and slane and got a great 6 man and 2 man pop up tent for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kazza23

Thanks for all the replies. Set it up in the back garden last night and through a process of trial and error got it sorted.

The sister and her family took it camping a good few times and it seemed to be alright weather wise so hopefully that will be the case with me. Anyway, the weather next weekend is supposed to be good so should be ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Teferi wrote: »
    You will get absolutely soaked if you use this. Tents from Tesco, Dunnes, Lidl etc. are just not worth it.

I do the tent pitching for charity with Scouts at Oxegen every year and the crap people use is amazing. You'd be better off investing in a tent that will keep you dry.

It's all realitive to where & when the tent is going to be used, depending on what the OP has in mind I'm sure it may be a perfectly good tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Do you still want the instructions? We have them - I found this post when looking for a photo of the tent, as we're missing that!
    PM me if you want me to scan and email them as a pdf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rcoleman

I just returned from a two week holiday in France using this tent. The first week we had force 6 gales and rain for most of the week and the tent performed brilliantly. I had to re-peg 2 pegs in 8 days and no rain got through. Not bad for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 larryolaoi

Here is a timelapse video on how the tent goes up..had it 4 years now still doing the business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWpjsS042C8&feature=youtu.be

kazza23 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I got this tent as a freebie from my sister who thought that the instructions were in the bag but when I took it out to check they were nowhere to be found so I was wondering if anyone out there had the same tent that could send me on the instructions to put it up if possible.

Here's a picture
    DSC00110.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sarahjanemsn

I saw someone found them for this.... would hugely appreciate it as we have this tent and are planning to use it for the second time in 5 years in couple weeks, and I have no memory whatsoever of how to put it up or what ground size it needs.... THANKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

I saw someone found them for this.... would hugely appreciate it as we have this tent and are planning to use it for the second time in 5 years in couple weeks, and I have no memory whatsoever of how to put it up or what ground size it needs.... THANKS!

I've PM-ed you with the ground size, but you could also try watching the youtube video in post #9; that might also help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement