Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer that's Cheap to Run

• 29-05-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I got stuck with the epson S20, which has caused me and thousands of others nothing but pain and suffering:D

I need a printer for occassional use at home.

Can anyone recommend an inkjet printer that will:-

1. Print in black even if colour cartridges are empty.

2. Work with compatible cartridges.

Dont mind if its an all in one if it does above and cheap to run:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donalabu

I have a HP 1020 laser printer its cheap to run and very reliable a refill does 2000-2500 sheets it only prints in black also have a HP officejet J5780 print very reliable but not as cheap to run 500 sheets per refill.

hp is very reliable I find

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

https://www.justmedia.ie/c-447-stylus-s20.aspx
    €2 a cartridge for your Epson, can't go wrong :P . Dont think any inkjet printer allows you print if color cartridges are empty as the heads will dry!

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Don't think I'm will to chance it even though a great price.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

A B&W laser is far cheaper to run than an inket.

When you need something in colour, bring it to a print shop.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Don't think I'm will to chance it even though a great price.:(

If it helps I have an Epson R360 and his compatibles work great, parents have a wifi epson one (SX515W I think, 4 cartridges like yours) and they work fine, www.inkjet.ie have cheap compatibles also but I find Just Media is cheaper. A laser is probably overkill, especially if you do very little high volume printing, though if you only plan to do black & white printing it will cost less in the long run (although with those Epson compatibles cheap enough this may not be too huge)

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Problem with inkjets if they are sitting around is they generally need some TLC like printing a cleaning page or two, before they work properly. Which is a pain, and wasteful. Whereas a Laser usually just works. It will keep working for years with no attention in a normal house.

You can get a all in one scanner, photocopier B&W printer for about €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

BostonB wrote: »
    You can get a all in one scanner, photocopier B&W printer for about €100.

Have you any links for round this price, best I can find is a single function printer, for €89 (harvey norman) good reviews though, might go for it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-HL-2035-Compact-Laser-Printer/dp/B001D8C5V0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307006584&sr=8-1

Found this all in one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-DCP7030-Multifunction-Printer-Scanner/dp/B001BYV832/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3CDOQNXOT50YM&colid=129VU6IKC7S8Z

Great reviews and comes out all in at €130 and ships to ireland with shipping charge of £4 but that charge seems like just uk charge, but my order will go through.

Advertisement