Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 Yellow Light of Death

• 29-05-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Was Playing Medal of Honor. my ps3 just went off and now it wont turn on.. the light turns yellow and then start blinking Red..

no point in Ringing PS3 Help Line as they dont give to Sh**ts about their Users.. i'm from Cork where can i get the CPU and GPU Reseated on the Chips Board ? for a Cheap Fee..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zerg

Is "fat" or "slim" console? You can try in Gamestop for €160 they will replaced for anotherone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Its Fat, when you say they will replace it with another one is that a New Unused PS3 or a Used one? as if i need to hand over big cash i'll go away and buy the Xbox 360 Slim 4Gb for 199 in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RP Mc murphy

AFAIK they replace like with like, so you will get a refurbished (Used) one that someone else handed in, it should therefore be the fat kind with the same GB space that your original one had.
    Make sure you get the game from it before you send it in, as you may not get it back.

160 is a nice kick in the teeth for buying Sony. (Been there have the shoe print in my face for it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

your better off with an xbox anyway.

i had the ps3 for ages refusing to buy a xbox but one day i had a few extra quid lying around so i bought the new slim line one for 250 euro and to tell you the truth bud i never looked back its 100 per cent a better console for gamers aswell as great for sky digital the sky player is unreal.

i sold my ps3 in the end it was just gathering dust there's no competion bud the xbox is better.

Got it working I took it apart last night and just went over the mother board with a heat gun and put it back it was working last night so i will watch a movie on it tonight and see will it cut off.

I had a. Xbox before and i got.the ring of death on it tried the towel trick and did not work so I got a ps3 if this goes again ill end up buying a xbox slim which so far no one has heat problems

• Advertisement

Gone again.. F***king dude of a thing...

i'll have to find a place that reball Chips on CPU's

AFAIK they replace like with like, so you will get a refurbished (Used) one that someone else handed in, it should therefore be the fat kind with the same GB space that your original one had.
    Make sure you get the game from it before you send it in, as you may not get it back.

160 is a nice kick in the teeth for buying Sony. (Been there have the shoe print in my face for it.)

Where are they ? so i could call in

Advertisement