Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Care in Galway

• 29-05-2011 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All. Ive just found out im 5 weeks pregnant ( first time) and am very confused about what to do next. Ive just moved to Galway and dont have a local doctor yet.

Im unsure what are the next steps i should take in my pregnancy. Im unsure about public or private options , hospital choices, costs involved and what i should do to ensure i feel confident in the care i will be receiving.

As im new in the area id appreciate some local knowledge or recommendations :o

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

moved to the pregnancy forum. OP you may get more advice here than in tLL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

OP - not sure if you know much about the Irish medical system in general or if you're just asking specifically about the Galway area?

The first priority is to find yourself a GP. There are many threads already active here that can help you decide if you want to go private or public, but the most important thing straight off is to find your GP. They will be the ones who can explain the local system & hospital(s) and can go over the costs (if any) with you.

If you don't yet know the Irish system in general let us know & any of us can explain it a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Northface

Thanks guys. Im new to this!! ill check out that forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

tip: try and find a GP that has a family planning clinic attached - some of them have their own basic ultrasound equipment, which means a little more reassurance while waiting for the official hospital appointment...

Advertisement