Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AE launch event in Cork

Options
  • 29-05-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

After talking with y'all at Tempest it seems that people want an AE launch tournament, so before I try and book a venue, can anyone that'd be interested attending please vote in the poll here.
    Please don't vote if you're not going to be attending either way.

AE is coming out on Tuesday the 7th as DLC so we can't run it until the next day at the earliest.

Also, since DLC is locked to the console it is vital to running something like this that people be able to supply 360s with the DLC already purchased.
    I can only bring one instead of the two like I usually do because of the way DLC is tied to the console it was bought on.

In Sairus' apartment. (Give me a PM and I'll send you the new address)
    €10 entry.
    Saturday 11th of June.
    Casuals from 1200 and the tournament will start at 1400.

EDIT:

After a few days voting it seems that a weekend event is preferable, so here's the final details:

€10 entry.
    Saturday 11th of June.

Usual rules for Tempest apply. 60/30/10 prize pot, double elim, all run on xbox, etc.

When would you prefer a launch event? 6 votes

Wednesday the 8th - the day after launch
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday the 11th - the weekend after launch
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

If Smart finally get around to hooking us up with the internet (been waiting since the begining of March :mad:) I should be able to supply an Xbox with the DLC. Won't be able to bring a TV though, it's a bit big :P

And it will all depend if it's on the Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

when I said do something for AE I meant the disk release :(
    because I won't be free until after 16th :rolleyes: so both dates suck for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

VizardAnto wrote: »
    when I said do something for AE I meant the disk release :(
    because I won't be free until after 16th :rolleyes: so both dates suck for me.

Something will definitely be done for the disk, but I want to see if we can get something for the DLC too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Won't make either I'm afraid. Migrating to Dublin for month of June and have a gig on the 11th :(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Sounds pro:cool: Yeah weekend it is for me. Also if i get in touch wit my buddy i'll let him know the situation about the venue we need. I'll be able to bring console with AE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

i chose wends,be cool the day after launch. but whatever day for me,no problem ill be there and with a dlc console.

Just a idea Sai but if the numbers for this are small ,i would be more than happy to hold the event at my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

To be honest, while I said Saturday, I don't really mind what day the event is on as I should be free on either day regardless. However, there is a chance I might not be able to attend as I will be watching my pennies for the Evo Tourny the following weekend.

If I can attend, I can bring an Xbox with the DLC no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Y'all gonna need all the practice you can get if you wanna stand a chance in Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

If its the wednesday what time would it be running?

mackg wrote: »
    If its the wednesday what time would it be running?

I'd be aiming for about a 1pm start, but I can't set anything in stone until I contact the venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

Well I'm a working stiff, so I can only do weekends.

Sairus wrote: »
    I'd be aiming for about a 1pm start, but I can't set anything in stone until I contact the venue.

Work monday to friday so weekend for me

I was just onto Joe, the guy in charge of the Fás building we were hoping to run casuals and future tournaments in, alas it does not look like we'll be able to use it.
    He said that they want to focus their efforts on letting it out for artistic purposes as opposed to running competitions like this.
    Tis a darn shame as the venue would be extremely nice to get. I reckon I'll let him work away on getting the place fixed up some more and then I'll ask again.

So for this AE tourney it'd probably work better to run in either mine or Goodjay's house, as that poll shows there probably wont be a huge turnout :) I'll be in a new house on Wednesday, so after the casuals tomorrow we can figure out which place is better suited to running an event.

Also, a question to those who work during the week: Would a later tournament during the day suit ye? Like something in the 1800-1900 starting area?

What a dissapointment that is. I just emailed a friend of mine about us needing a venue, if he says it's not possible to use it, I'm sure he will give some info on where to find a cheap one anyway.:pac:

if it is on during the week I could make it for six no problem, office hours are out though.

When AE drops might get some new players along to the tourneys and all.

It's tied at 5 votes each way, but from the sounds of it more people would be able to make a Saturday tourney than midweek. Sorry, Martyr.
    Also, I'm fully moved into my new place now and it's lovely and big with a much more convenient shape for setting up multiple consoles than my last apartment. It lacks goodjay's gargantuan TV, but the screens I have should be plenty :)

So, full details for the tourney:

€10 entry.
    Saturday 11th of June.

Usual rules for Tempest apply. 60/30/10 prize pot, double elim, all run on xbox, etc.

We can run a mini tournament on the side using only new characters if y'all are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sairus wrote: »

We can run a mini tournament on the side using only new characters if y'all are interested.

Seems like most tournaments with AE are going to be pretty much new character only anyway :( Fricking Yun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Orim wrote: »
    Seems like most tournaments with AE are going to be pretty much new character only anyway :( Fricking Yun.

Are they though? Not many people I've talked to seem to want to pick up Yun (seem to be more people interested in Yang).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You could be right. Fricking twins :pac:

Damn it :rolleyes: I really shouldn't go but I might come along lol.... just for few hours ....... don't want to miss this for some reason... is this in your new gaf so or we going back to newport? I'm well interested for a new character tourney for the craic :D

Anywayz I'll see whats up on the day and make plans to attend this :cool:
    feel I'll miss something hype :pac:

• Advertisement

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Damn it :rolleyes: I really shouldn't go but I might come along lol.... just for few hours ....... don't want to miss this for some reason... is this in your new gaf so or we going back to newport? I'm well interested for a new character tourney for the craic :D

Anywayz I'll see whats up on the day and make plans to attend this :cool:
    feel I'll miss something hype :pac:

Don't you have that whole, y'know, Leaving Vert thing to keep you occupied? :pac:

And yar, this'll be in my house. Anyone interested in attending, send me a PM my for the address.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In Dublin that weekend :( Enjoy the day guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

does my vote count, ill be up for it. bring it on!!!!!

Shokashi wrote: »
    does my vote count, ill be up for it. bring it on!!!!!

Your vote never counts.

But good stuff :D

Also, just a reminder to those who've been to my apartment before: I have since moved to another part of the city, so you'll want to PM me to get my new address!

One final reminder : The doorbell on my apartment is currently broken, if you don't have my number, PM me for it lest you be left outside in the cold while we all have all the fun up in my living room.
    Also, if you're not interested in competing in the tourney, come on over for casuals :)

Except you, Vizard. Get back to those books.

GGs to everyone

F**k gouken, f**k bounty bars and f**k the f**king leaving cert.

Casuals during the week?

also congrats to the lads in grand finals sterling performances and not a twin in sight.

Finally best of luck to vizard in the leaving, knock em dead brother

Good Games Everyone :) Nice one for hosting Sai, i'll start moving out of my house next week :(. Cheers Shokashi for those Tips!:cool:

mackg wrote: »
    GGs to everyone

F**k gouken, f**k bounty bars and f**k the f**king leaving cert.

Casuals during the week?

also congrats to the lads in grand finals sterling performances and not a twin in sight.

Finally best of luck to vizard in the leaving, knock em dead brother

GGs to everyone especially Gouke making gouken top tier looking :eek:

Agreed F**K Fei Long erm.... think I need to train the wed I finish my LC so I'm not complete trash at the evo on saturday.

Thanks mackg :D Hope to beat your S rank Fei long once I actually play AE properly. Match up for ryu is just terrible now... wait just ryu altogether hes bad.

P.S. Bounty Bars R GDLK :pac:

And so the results are finally in with Shokashi finally taking first place at a tournament. God knows he's been barely knocked out in the grand finals often enough to deserve it!

Final standings are:

1st: Shokashi
    2nd: Gouke
    3rd: MackG
    4th: Sairus
    5th: VizardAnto
    5th: Silver Steez
    6th: Goodjay
    6th: WasterEX

I didn't seed the groups for this tournament so these results won't be factored into the seed lists for Tempest.

Cheers to everyone for showing up, t'was a fun aul session.
    I think I learned my lesson about picking Oni in a tourney after a week of using him :pac: (But probably not)
    Special props to Gouke's Gouken. He leveled up something fierce over the last couple of weeks. Mad combos coming out all over the place.

I'll have a few videos up later today or tomorrow. Alas due to some technical difficulties (namely there was less battery remaining in my camera than I thought and it takes ****ing ages to charge via laptop USB cable) there were only a few games from groups recorded.

To clarify Waster's comment above, he bet me his house that I couldn't beat his Ryu with my Oni. I now own the title deeds to his next three houses or something. :pac:

P.S. No they're not Vizard.

EDIT: Also, I have someone's 360 controller with the wired battery pack yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

WasterEx wrote: »
    Good Games Everyone :) Nice one for hosting Sai, i'll start moving out of my house next week :(. Cheers Shokashi for those Tips!:cool:

you most welcome.

Advertisement