Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American looking for Dublin pen pal

Options
  • 29-05-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm an American male (Irish/German ethnicity), and my goal is to save up enough to move to Dublin within the next year or two. I'm an obsessive thinker, so I've spent a lot of time looking at apartments, Irish stores and service providers, and just zooming around Dublin city center in Google Maps street view.

I would like to do some emailing with a young Dublin resident, native or otherwise. I'll probably fill most emails pelting you with random (and probably very boring) questions about daily life in Dublin, and Ireland in general. Ideally, you'll be willing to put up with the clueless foreigner, and can freely chat about your day-to-day life in the city; pictures would be an immense plus. I would, of course, be happy to answer any questions about life here (or whatever else you're curious about), or just chat when you need someone to.

If you're a young, Dublinian email addict and this appeals to you, please reply with a little something about yourself. I work at home, and am on my laptop pretty much all day, so you won't have to wait long for a response if I decide I like you. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

what you have found in this site, is discussion on pretty much all aspects of life with and irish site, it might pay you better to look around, and take part in the discussions here, you'll probably get all your questions answers and from many differnce sources too, and maybe make some friends that could greet you when you arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

FensterDJ wrote: »
    what you have found in this site, is discussion on pretty much all aspects of life with and irish site, it might pay you better to look around, and take part in the discussions here, you'll probably get all your questions answers and from many differnce sources too, and maybe make some friends that could greet you when you arrive

Halzen, if you go into Region - East - Dublin City and ask some questions there, you might find some kind folk to answer you about stuff you're curious about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ask away! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Halzen wrote: »

If you're a young, Dublinian email addict and this appeals to you, please reply with a little something about yourself.

My name is Lahm. I like long walks on the beach and reading poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

http://wikitravel.org/en/Dublin This is a pretty useful site.

• Advertisement

I'd say your best bet is to post here. It's never a good idea to have just one person's opinion on something, you'll get a wider audience here. The one thing that all Dubliners have in common is that we love knowing our city, it's gems and quirks, and directions here and there and where the best beer is. Even though our opinions might all be different, we always have the urge to voice them, so post whatever questions/discussions you want here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Halzen wrote: »
    I'm an American male (Irish/German ethnicity)
    If you can take a slagging, ask here. There's lots of people there that will answer most questions about anything.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the_syco wrote: »
    If you can take a slagging, ask here. There's lots of people there that will answer most questions about anything.
    and if you don't mention your gender then you'll get a lot more answers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

and if you don't mention your gender then you'll get a lot more answers ;)

LOL I assumed it was a chick and when I actually opened and read the start of the thread I had to check the title because I thought "didn't it say 'Americal girl looking for Dublin pen pal'?" :)

Advertisement