Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need Help Upgrading My Laptop

Options
  • 29-05-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I have an Asus G60vx laptop which has an Intel P7450 2.13ghz Core 2 Duo installed.I have searched around and found out that i can upgrade it to a more powerful dual core but I also saw one or 2 people saying that I could upgrade it to a 2ghz Q9000 quad core.

Im not sure of this so I came here for help.I have heard that my motherboard would have to be compatible with the new processor but I dont know how to find this out.

Would anyone be able to confirm that I could upgrade my system to the Q9000? Any idea where I could buy one and how much?

I'm also wondering if I could upgrade my ram if I installed the new quad core.I currently have 4gb installed and thats the limit on my current system.

I've never upgraded any components of my laptop before so any help would be appreciated.If you need any extra information about the laptop I'll do my best to give it to you.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement