Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can you buy home heating oil?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I've heard that you can buy home heating oil in some garages. I think you need to have your own container and you fill it from a pump. Is this right? Or can you buy a container of kerosene? Would be great to not have to go for a min order of Eur200 froma distributer when it's almost June! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Depending on what part of Meath you're in, the Esso station in Kilcock has a kerosene pump that you can bring your own drum to, you just need to go in and ask them to switch it on before trying to use it.

(Not that I made the mistake of trying to use it when it was switched off or anything...:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

ok, next stupid question - where do you get the drums? is it only in the gargage that has the kerosene on pump? what quantity are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Not entirely sure where to get the larger drums, I usually just get 10ltrs (2x 5ltrs petrol cans) to tide me over between the large orders. You might find some if there's a co-op type place where they sell agricultural type supplies near you?

They may even sell them at the station, it's a part of Kilcock Oils if the memory serves me rightly, maybe give them a call and see? Number I found for them online is 01 6287797

edit: Just seen Massey's post....forget my advice, go with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

The small filling station halfway between Trim and Navan sells it in 20 ltr drums and gives a refund if you bring back the drum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

Griffiths (EMO) on the Longwood rd in Trim has a kero. pump and sell the empty drums (E7.99 I think).

great. any idea how much per litre?

Went to the Emo garage. 87c/litre there and the drum was E7. very nice and helpful guy there too so will go with that for now! Thanks all.
    PS Also tried guy on trim-navan road but he doesn't do drums during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

paddles wrote: »
    Went to the Emo garage. 87c/litre there and the drum was E7. very nice and helpful guy there too so will go with that for now! Thanks all.
    PS Also tried guy on trim-navan road but he doesn't do drums during the summer.

0.87c is quite good for drums seeing as its €810 ish for 1000L atm..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Im looking for about 100-200 liters to tide me over till the summer the local petrol station is selling kero at .89 ....is this kero the same stuff as the oil guy would supply ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

why are you buying 200 ltrs from a petrol station?

The major oil suppliers around would deliver a minimum of 200 ltrs straight to the door without the hassle of picking it up yourself.

the cost factor maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Isnt it cheaper to buy direct and in bulk from a main supplier than drums from a garage/shop?

after 500 litres yes I just need about 200 to get me into summer

205 litres €200 on Tuesday..:eek:

where?

.87 the garage today so 200 liters will cost = 174

Vego wrote: »
    where?

Navan, I'd get on the .087 cent if I were you..

that was my initial question is this stuff sold at the pumps the same grade or whatever the say the oilman uses?

Vego wrote: »
    that was my initial question is this stuff sold at the pumps the same grade or whatever the say the oilman uses?

Kero is kero as far as I know..

• Advertisement

good stuff ....I have my containers ready I will shop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Anyone any ideas where I could get this service in Wicklow. Tank nearly empty and planning to knock house in a couple of weeks and tank needs to be as empty as possible by then but need to stay warm in the meantime. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Try Wicklow forum. Zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement