Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on kamar heat detection patches

• 29-05-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have some experience using these in dairy herds. What are other people's opinions on them?

Value for money?
    Worth effort?
    Save time?
    Pick up many extra heats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

tack365 wrote: »
    I have some experience using these in dairy herds. What are other people's opinions on them?

Value for money?
    Worth effort?
    Save time?

Value for money?
    yea, but wouldn't be my first choice for cows. Detail paint would be my no.1

Worth effort?
    not much effort required; heat & apply

Save time?
    I rely on paint and a vasectomised bull to pick up heats as the cows go through the parlour, patches on there own might not be enough, i used them last year on heifers and wasn't happy until i put in a V bull.

any heat detection aid will pick up extra heats and will also help you decide if you think a cow is on heat or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

tack365 wrote: »

Value for money?
    Worth effort?
    Save time?

not as good as the patches which are most similar to the kamar , the crayon pain stick or most other types of tail paint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

irishh_bob wrote: »
    not as good as the patches which are most similar to the kamar , the crayon pain stick or most other types of tail paint

How is the crayon in wet weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tack365

What are the alternatives costing this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

How is the crayon in wet weather?

fine , with the crayon , you need to top up more often than with paint itself but you can carry it around in your pocket and use it on the spot without any hassle , IMO , its still not as good as the paint which donegal creameries sell , the one where you open the lid and thier is a brush on the end of the bottle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mattthetrasher

i tried them before i didnt think much of them patches were better tail paint was better again now using heatime from progressive third year in very happy so far but would really only suit dairy cows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

... is there any other system that can pick up heat this accuratey ???

There sure is.
    A bull. Or a Vasectomised bull if you want to use AI.

Advertisement