Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Cairns like?

Options
  • 29-05-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I got a job and sponsorship to work in Cairns. Paper work and all that is done, the company is sorting it. I was wondering what is it like? Thinking of buying a jeep, with the weather and want to see some of the countryside. What is the traffic like in the City? Is there much of a nightlife in it? Can anyone recommend anywhere to go?

Thanks all for your help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Erm City?

Its a tropical paradise in some respects, but it isnt really a city.
    Its VERY hot though, and be prepared for weather the likes of which you have never seen.

Also there are Box Jellyfish during some months. They are extremely dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭madmac187

Jumpy wrote: »
    Erm City?

Its a tropical paradise in some respects, but it isnt really a city.
    Its VERY hot though, and be prepared for weather the likes of which you have never seen.

Also there are Box Jellyfish during some months. They are extremely dangerous.

Thanks for info, I have read all this already. Just wondered what it is like to live in the city and what the surrounding area is like. But thanks for the info anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

madmac187 wrote: »
    Thanks for info, I have read all this already. Just wondered what it is like to live in the city and what the surrounding area is like. But thanks for the info anyway.
    It's not really a city, I know wiki prob calls it one but it's really just a town.
    Australia uses the term city very loosely. Some "citys" are under 10k population. Cairns had just under 100k at the last population.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Unfortunately I went as a tourist, however as a popular holiday destination I dont think you will find any shortage of nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RaZZTheKiD

what is it like to get some work???

• Advertisement
Advertisement