Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray painting new house interior

• 30-05-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an electric spray gun and was thinking of using it to spray paint the interior of our new build. Would this type of gun be suitable for this job? Paint is standard matt.

Thanks
    G.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

If it's an ordinary DIY spray gun I would guess that you would need to thin the paint quite a lot, and that could make it rather messy. Also, I believe that emulsion paints can wear out spray nozzles quite quickly. Working indoors I think I would rather use a roller (I use the shrouded ones that minimise splashing).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

ART6 wrote: »
    If it's an ordinary DIY spray gun I would guess that you would need to thin the paint quite a lot, and that could make it rather messy. Also, I believe that emulsion paints can wear out spray nozzles quite quickly. Working indoors I think I would rather use a roller (I use the shrouded ones that minimise splashing).
    Yes, it's a bog standard DIY gun. I don't mind wearing out the nozzle as it is never used for anything else. Mess isn't an issue either as the floor isn't in yet. I'm just not sure would I do a good enough job with a gun. I'd have more confidence with the roller.

I could always do a Mr. Bean on it and put a firework in the paint tin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

You'll be breaking your heart I'd imagine with a DIY gun...won't have the power and you will be flat out refilling it.
    Spend a few days taping and prepping and hire a proper spray set up. You could knock it out on a Sat/Sun if you are organised.
    Make sure plasteris properly dry and apply proper 'mist coats' or you will only making problems for later on

Advertisement