Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUBE PC

Options
  • 30-05-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey all
    Budget is 350/400MAX
    i will be using this for online poker. and mainly RPG games (Star Trek Online , WOW, LOTR,) on a 32" LCD TV MIRAI

i have an xbox360 for hard core gaming

suggestions , banter , welcom

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Cube PC? Do you have an idea of what case you want then?

Is the Mirai 768p or 1080p? And do you have an operating system ready for the build?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IReadUrSoul

Hey Solitaire
    Its the Mirai 1080p and yes i have windows 7 64bit ultimate

any cube case will don fine , keep in mind this is not a htpc set-up and is only for multitabling online poker and the RPG i mentioned

I'm surprised you don't have a specific case picked out, "cube PC" is quite specific! :P

What size are you looking for anyway? mATX-based cubes aren't exactly small :o mITX-based ones are, but then you're paying twice as much on a mobo :o

i guess a silverstone sugo or around that size, forgot to mention i have a 1tb HD , DVD Drive

I assume that's SG02 (mATX) and not SG06 (mITX)! :o:P

Ick... Sandy Bridge lies just a few inches outside your budget :(

€380 shipped:

HWVS300511.png

I spent a little more money on a X4-955 to get all that juicy L3 cache, as I suspect it will help the poker along nicely (games, databases and crypto love cache, having no L3 would slow an Athlon right down). I really wish the X4-945 was still available as it was a much cooler-running CPU :(

You might be able to squeeze a better GPU out of it if you wanted and still keep it sub-€400. The HD6750 would be a little stretched trying to run Crysis at 1080p, but thankfully you're not playing it and instead your games' lower requirements means you probably won't need anything bigger than a nice frugal HD5750-spinoff :)

• Advertisement

What price can u qoute for a sandybridge and mothboard Solitaire?
    Ei

Prices have gone up since I checked, now its up to nearly €440 shipped for an i5-2400+H61 build :o

Solitaire wrote: »
    Prices have gone up since I checked, now its up to nearly €440 shipped for an i5-2400+H61 build :o
    Hmmm Excellent , i have the money for an intel build , what motherboard do u recommend ?

This CPU and this mobo. Cheapest mobo to have half-decent onboard sound and one of the cheapest overall but not an ASRock :p

Ironically, i5-2400 + HD6750 makes even the Amazon 450W PSU overkill :D:P

Hey Solitaire
    Thanks for the super quick reply`s (whish u could rep people on this Forum :cool:)

when for this build instead

Name: 8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9
    Article number: HV20G321DE
    Stock balance: ready for dispatch
    Quantity: 1
    Price per unit: 61,98 €
    Price: 61,98 €

Name: ASRock H67M-GE/HT (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX
    Article number: HV1130REDE
    Price per unit: 101,99 €
    Price: 101,99 €

Name: Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
    Article number: HV20I5K5DE
    Price per unit: 172,44 €
    Price: 172,44 €

Name: NZXT Vulcan Micro-ATX LAN Gaming Case - black
    Article number: HV203NZ4DE
    Price per unit: 56,09 €
    Price: 56,09 €

Name: Sapphire FLEX HD5770 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / DP
    Article number: HV1027STDE
    Price per unit: 109,83 €
    Price: 109,83 €

Name: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B, CPU-Kühler, für alle Sockel geeignet
    Article number: HV30SCYXDE
    Price per unit: 33,99 €
    Price: 33,99 €

Name: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB, 32MB, ST31000528AS
    Article number: HV13S2B1DE
    Price per unit: 46,65 €
    Price: 46,65 €

Name: Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7260S, SATA, Schwarz, bulk
    Article number: HV207N05DE
    Price per unit: 18,89 €
    Price: 18,89 €

Subtotal: 601,86 €
    Shipping costs by DHL-Normalversand + 30,00 €
    Charge PayPal (3 % of basket value) + 18,06 €

Total: 649,92 €

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Your orignal 350-400Max budget got blown apart there didn't it :P:P

Someone win the Lotto when I wasn't looking? :confused::eek::p

This might seem like a strange question as its a while since i built a pc , i have an NTL broadband package in my house (32mb) and the router is in the sitting room , when i get this PC i will have it in my bedroom so do i need to buy a wireless PCI card or does this come with newer motherboards?

You'll need a wifi adaptor, they never come on motherboards (except the occasional Zotac mITX jobbie) I'm afraid :o

Advertisement