Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thing Videogame

Options
  • 30-05-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

No, not the PS2 version!

I just finished watching The Thing on Zune and it got me thinking, a current gen Thing game with LA Noire's facial technology would have the potential to be pretty good IMO.

Just a random thought... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

The Thing is one of the greatest movies ever made IMO.
    Speaking of the game, it was alright... sure even good but they really did over hype the "test your partner to see whos the thing!" when it didnt really come into play an awlful lot.

But as for using the LA Noire facial technology? It could lend over well to the concept of the thing. Kinda sucks we're likely to never see a thing game again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I wouldn't write of a new Thing game completely. There's a prequel film that'll be released soon, so if that's even a minor success there might be a game made for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmmm I might be wrong, but wasn't that game the thing pretty good? It was resident evil type game?

If that's the right game, then I can honestly say it was damn good. Not even good as movie game go, just plaing good as game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Your right ShadowHearth The Thing was a pretty good game alright , enjoyed playing it on the xbox and still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The Thing is one of my favourite games, damn hard from what I remember too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The PS2 game was enjoyable, and the movie is amazing both the original and the 80s version.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If they're making a The Thing prequel, they better voice the entire movie in Norwegian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Undead wrote: »
    No, not the PS2 version!

I just finished watching The Thing on Zune and it got me thinking, a current gen Thing game with LA Noire's facial technology would have the potential to be pretty good IMO.

Just a random thought... :)

I suppose you could do the blood test to see if it reacts. Then select 'Lie' if its positive for the thing.

*the piano noise for incorrect choice plays*

ffffffuuuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Amazing movie, average game, Yeah i wouldn't mind a remake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i loved that game! must find it, it has to be lying around at home somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

folan wrote: »
    i loved that game! must find it, it has to be lying around at home somewhere!

Them fuseboxes :pac:

Advertisement