Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gáis - closing an account.

Options
  • 30-05-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi,
    Me and my friends have been renting a house for the last 10 months throughout the college year. The gas account is in my name therefore I'm the one who has to close the account. I rang up Bord Gais 4 weeks ago (which is the indicated time notice when cancelling the account) and got talking to a girl over the phone who said I need to ring them up a day before the lease is up in order to take a final meter reading. I'm just wondering how I then go about paying the last bill (pay bills through post office, not direct debit), will it be sent to my actual home address? and most importantly receiving deposit back..?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

flag123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Me and my friends have been renting a house for the last 10 months throughout the college year. The gas account is in my name therefore I'm the one who has to close the account. I rang up Bord Gais 4 weeks ago (which is the indicated time notice when cancelling the account) and got talking to a girl over the phone who said I need to ring them up a day before the lease is up in order to take a final meter reading. I'm just wondering how I then go about paying the last bill (pay bills through post office, not direct debit), will it be sent to my actual home address? and most importantly receiving deposit back..?

thanks

I'm in the same situation, though I pay by direct debit.

You are supposed to give them your new address and the final meter reading (the landlord has to act as a witness) on the day you move out.

The final bill is sent to your new address, but I have no clue about how they send the deposit back

Advertisement