Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber in North Dublin area

Options
  • 30-05-2011 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been quoted 180 euro to install a new Triton shower. We've already bought the shower, we just need someone to install it and having seen these things installed before it only took a couple of minutes so I'm thinking 180 euro for 5 minutes work is a bit much. Maybe I'm wrong. It's not our money, it's our Landlady's but I don't want her being ripped off if there's more reasonable out there. Any recommendations? Or is this a normal price in the area? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hi Clare. Is it a replacement shower or a new install? If it's a replacement it sounds dear, but if there is none there already and water and electricity has to be ran to it, then it's probably not too far off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Hi Clare. Is it a replacement shower or a new install? If it's a replacement it sounds dear, but if there is none there already and water and electricity has to be ran to it, then it's probably not too far off the mark.

Yeah it's just a replacement shower which is why I thought it was a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's taking the mickey if it is just a replacement.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    That's taking the mickey if it is just a replacement.

Yeah I really thought it was a bit much but I wasn't sure if that's the norm. I'll shop around, if anyone could recommend someone that would be great too. It's not our money but our Landlady is lovely and I don't want her getting ripped off, the new shower cost enough as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

sent you a PM Clare with the number of a decent plumber that I used last year to install a shower for me

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    sent you a PM Clare with the number of a decent plumber that I used last year to install a shower for me

Thanks a million for that Auvers. And thanks for the other PM's I got too, ye've been a great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Plumberboy

Hi that price is a bit steep, if its a straight swap a triton for a triton its a bit steep as the feed is on the same side, but you should expect it to be around 100 euro....remember alot of people that price very cheap can often be very bad

Advertisement