Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing customer - Do we get new rates automatically?

Options
  • 30-05-2011 10:39am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Ask an existing customer am I wrong to presume that the new rates have been applied to our account? We are DD and paperless bills for the last no of years.

Do I need to ring?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi yop,

The price plans are not automatically applied as there are a range of price plan options that need to be tailored to each individual customer. The specific terms and conditions would also need to be agreed to before the price plans can be activated.

You can either update your price plan online here, ring 1850 30 50 90 (you can also request a callback), or PM me your details and I can look after it for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hi yop,

The price plans are not automatically applied as there are a range of price plan options that need to be tailored to each individual customer. The specific terms and conditions would also need to be agreed to before the price plans can be activated.

You can either update your price plan online here, ring 1850 30 50 90 (you can also request a callback), or PM me your details and I can look after it for you.

Thanks,

David.

Thanks very much David.
    I sent you a PM there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Price plan applied via PM. :)

Thanks,

David.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks for that.Appreciate your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dawo

Don't see any reason why the ESB could not have applied the more favourable terms to their existing customers who were already meeting the required criteria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dawo wrote: »
    Don't see any reason why the ESB could not have applied the more favourable terms to their existing customers who were already meeting the required criteria

You have to agree to the new terms & conditions, so effectively its a new contract and they cant do this unless you agree to it. Only takes a phonecall or a PM as they are on boards.

Davy wrote: »
    You have to agree to the new terms & conditions, so effectively its a new contract and they cant do this unless you agree to it. Only takes a phonecall or a PM as they are on boards.

Don't see how you can agree to new terms and conditions or enter a new contract by phone or PM, I certainly didn't. Those consumers who met the criteria for cheaper electricity should have been charged at the cheaper rate. This is just blatant profiteering.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

dawo wrote: »
    Don't see how you can agree to new terms and conditions or enter a new contract by phone or PM, I certainly didn't. Those consumers who met the criteria for cheaper electricity should have been charged at the cheaper rate. This is just blatant profiteering.

If you mean that people who have been DD and without a paper bill already should just get the discount automatically, i do agree.

Thats correct 'inforfun'. There wasn't any mention on their website that said you had to apply.

Advertisement