Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitting Kmc 710 chain

• 30-05-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

This might be a silly question from a full time bike mechanic but which way up would one fit a 710 chain? The reason I ask is a bike has come in with a chain fitted from a shop in dublin and I would consider it upside down,i have always fitted them curved side against the chainring and freewheel!the shop in question is a good shop so id be suprised if it wasnt done on purpose,i have emailed Kmc but cant access my email on my phone so will have to wait untill tonight to find the proper answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have just checked KMC's website.
    They say; smooth side on the outside, to prevent snagging on rails.
    I hope this helps.

I don't know how to do that thing with quotes.
    I'm computer ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Thanks for that,i was all over the Kmc site and couldnt find any information,my phone is a bit pants though!that is the way I have always fitted them and will continue to in the future,i guess just a slight oversight by who ever fitted it in the first place.

Advertisement