Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reporting a Fraudulent Website

• 30-05-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

Sorry if this is not the correct section...

I'm wondering how do I go about reporting a fraudulent website?

The site is (from what I can see) currently posing as a hotel booking site - but once they take your money, that's it. The hotel has never heard of them, you can't contact the website and your money is gone!

I checked the 'whois' and the site appears to have only been registered last month.

Firstly, how can I report the site and secondly, has anybody got any tips as to how I can tell for sure that the website is indeed fraudulent as I suspect?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If you have been defrauded, I would report to your local Garda/Police station.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

bret69 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is not the correct section...

I'm wondering how do I go about reporting a fraudulent website?

The site is (from what I can see) currently posing as a hotel booking site - but once they take your money, that's it. The hotel has never heard of them, you can't contact the website and your money is gone!

I checked the 'whois' and the site appears to have only been registered last month.

Firstly, how can I report the site and secondly, has anybody got any tips as to how I can tell for sure that the website is indeed fraudulent as I suspect?

I would look at who their payment processor is and contact them with a complaint. I would also dispute the charge by calling your credit card issuer
    (number on the back of your card), in which case you can get a refund once you state your case in writing and it's unchallenged.

Advertisement