Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Actually, what is a 2.1? My overall G.P.A. is 3.06, have I missed out by .01 or .02?

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'm happy. 3.13 GPA for stage one. Once again, one class brought me down big time. 3.13 is a 2.1 yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Anyone know when we can ask to see our papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

thought i was gettin 3 As and 3 Es got 3Bs and 3Ds.

OUt of curiosity, which would you have preferred?

Happy myself, some real surprises in there i have to say. Ones i thought i did well enough in screwed me over and others i did much better then expected.

Congrats to all and to all a good night. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Raphael wrote: »
    Edit: 3.08 - 2.67 Randolph, so missed it by .02. That's harsh - you might get bumped out of kindness before the final results maybe? Or you could try and sub an option/elective and take an extra semester to go up a bracket. Any compensated E's in there, those could give a hop if you repeat them and pass.

Is it possible to pay and do a new subject over 1 more semester, even though I have done enough credits to graduate?

I heard they interview you if you are very close to getting a first, don't know if that is true for a 2.1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Amazed by my results. Thought I had at come close to failing one or two but got a 3.77 GPA

Which means my final degree is a 1st class honours. Thank you and goodbye UCD

Is it possible to pay and do a new subject over 1 more semester, even though I have done enough credits to graduate?

I heard they interview you if you are very close to getting a first, don't know if that is true for a 2.1.

Nope, you can only substitute or add in subjects if you fail one. I.e You cannot retrospectively do a supplemental module to boost your GPA.

Yes, there is a 'interview' with the assessments board if you are VERY borderline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Semester One GPA: 3.83
    Semester Two GPA: 2.67

Well...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

3.66! faaairly happy but so close to a first it's just painful :/

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

I passed everything except one which is an E. My GPA for semester one is 2.83 and for semester two is 2.3, does this mean I'll compensate for it? Please tell me so I can sleep :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Still 2 of my exams show IX grade. So if I pass them 2, and will my two E's be compensated? Because I have 1 F :/. Sooo unhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Lucet wrote: »
    If I got two Es and an F, can those Es be compensated and the F is a repeat?
    It depends on your GPA and the number of courses you've passed over the whole year. If you passed everything in the first semester, and your Stage GPA is over 2, you'll get compensated. The official line:
    Information from the General Regulations: 5.9.2. "Where a student has completed an attempt at a stage and has obtained passing grades (including an I grade) in modules accounting for 75% or more of the total credit required to successfully complete the stage, and the compensation GPA for the attempt at the stage is 2.00 or greater, E grades are considered compensated, and a final grade of E(C) is awarded. The grade of E(C) carries a grade point of 1.6."

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

OUt of curiosity, which would you have preferred?

Happy myself, some real surprises in there i have to say. Ones i thought i did well enough in screwed me over and others i did much better then expected.

Congrats to all and to all a good night.

Hard to know really.pretty gutted tbh.still its only first year after all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Happy out with mine, no surprises to be honest - ended up with 3.53. It did go down from 3.63 in Semester one . . . but meh, I'll put that down to a more hectic Semester two. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

For some reason I always do much better in semester 1 them semester 2..

Anyway can someone explain how you pass by compansation? I got an E in one subject but passed everything else and have a 2.1 overall, do I still have to repeat that module or..?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

bnt wrote: »
    It depends on your GPA and the number of courses you've passed over the whole year. If you passed everything in the first semester, and your Stage GPA is over 2, you'll get compensated. The official line:

Everything is passed, just those 3 exams and 2 still show IX grades, but I should have passed them I hope. We'll see. I'll hope for the best.

For some reason I always do much better in semester 1 them semester 2..

Anyway can someone explain how you pass by compansation? I got an E in one subject but passed everything else and have a 2.1 overall, do I still have to repeat that module or..?

Scroll down to the E grades bit here: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/ModularGradesExplainedStudents.pdf

says if you've passed 9 modules and have a GPA of over 2 it will compensate. Not sure what happens if you have more than one E grades or any Fs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Nope, you can only substitute or add in subjects if you fail one. I.e You cannot retrospectively do a supplemental module to boost your GPA.

Yes, there is a 'interview' with the assessments board if you are VERY borderline.
    How sure are you of that, because I have a mate who did an extra module this year so he could disregard his lowest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

postgrad results not out? I can see my modules from first semester but not my second semester stuff, anyone know about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    Scroll down to the E grades bit here: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/ModularGradesExplainedStudents.pdf

says if you've passed 9 modules and have a GPA of over 2 it will compensate. Not sure what happens if you have more than one E grades or any Fs..

hmm I have passed everything else and my gpa is well above 2 but it still just says E, not E(C) I'm sh*tting bricks now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

postgrad results not out? I can see my modules from first semester but not my second semester stuff, anyone know about this?
    No my MSc results out!

You can take on an extra subject during the 3/4 year duration of your degree. But once you have done your final set of exams, unless you get an E and opt to substitute, you cannot take on an extra one.

I had a bad bout of Meningitis last year, IX'd all my exams, and tried to work out all the different variables. Program office told me that once you finish your final set of exams, that is it.

Edit: Yes, you can take on an extra subject to knockout a failed/low one, but only up and until finals, and not after.
    Was you mate still doing other modules at the same time? Like still completing his degree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

sophia25 wrote: »
    No my MSc results out!

PhD here though.

hmm I have passed everything else and my gpa is well above 2 but it still just says E, not E(C) I'm sh*tting bricks now!

damn, me too, before I'm pretty sure it said E(C) when I compensated, even with the provisional results, guess we'll just have to wait and see :(

Curse you, UCD!

If you are doing an Arts based course, i.e the 'stage 2' that lasts two years, you will not be compensated until the end of stage 2, so thats when you finish 3rd year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

Anyone know if the provisional grades include the outcome from submitting an Extenuating Circumstances form???

You get an email/letter to let you know that you have been IX'd etc. I got mine within a week of submitting the form.

If you don't get this, contact you program office.

The provisional results for me did not show my IX's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

I submitted mine before the deadline but still haven't heard anything back. Does that mean they haven't accepted it??

Sorry about asking something you'd already answered!!

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    If you are doing an Arts based course, i.e the 'stage 2' that lasts two years, you will not be compensated until the end of stage 2, so thats when you finish 3rd year.

I'm doing my semester one of third year next semester, I've already done semester two of third year, I'm in zoology, so I guess that makes sense

• Advertisement

davi78 wrote: »
    I submitted mine before the deadline but still haven't heard anything back. Does that mean they haven't accepted it??

I'd say wait until actual results are released. If it does not show, or you don't get contacted by your school/college, drop in and have a chat and see whats going on.

Advertisement