Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Already asked already but does anyone know if I have to wait for the final results before asking to look at my papers or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I am just amazed I got into 3rd year - my GPA is shit though (but I'm in science so it doesn't count to my degree until 4th year).

I think I was really down in the dumps and stressed out this semester because I failed three exams at Christmas (silly extracurricular stuff) and I had 9 exams (3 of those resits) for these exams. I thought I was going to do really shit again this semester - I literally thought I was going to drop out and I was making up a contingency plan over the past couple of weeks if I had to drop out.

I'm just delighted, I can't believe I passed 2nd year!

THIRD YEAR HERE I COME!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Already asked already but does anyone know if I have to wait for the final results before asking to look at my papers or not?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I didn't. just contacted the lecturer the next day and asked how they wanted me to approach a recheck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Passed everything happy days! So nervous, was convinced I failed 2:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

the last time i got that many e's i was off me tits in amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

3.53 another 2.1. Happy enough with that. So that is the foreseeable end of my student days, the real world awaits!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Didn't do incredibly well (As in there are F's, but they were expected >_>).

But! I did really well in 3 modules that I didn't I was going to do well in (Exams weren't too nice) and passed 2 I didn't think I would (Also got an E in one that meaning I don't have to do the resit like I thought I would!)

Just have to hope nothing changes between now and final results!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

just wondering can anyone answer this for me. do they count the likes of F's and NGs when calculating your gpa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

3.43 and the only exam I thought I did well in it, I got a freaking C. Can't believe this.

Anyways, that's a 2.1 for this degree. Time to say goodbye to UCD.

By the way, can we decide to do remediation voluntarily ? I know the original grade will be displayed on my transcripts but still ..

I have another question ... I had to do a remediation essay in Semester I with the whole extenuating circumstances thing. However, I thought I'd be getting my grade with 2nd semester results and I didn't. The IX is still there. And I didn't receive any letter or mail informing me that I had an extenuating circumstances case.

Is it normal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

A+ Game Theory
    A- Advanced Macroeconomics

GPA 4.1

Thought I would get an A+ in Macro, Game Theory was the one I was worried about.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

That is just typical, the results coming out 6 minutes after I give up and go to bed :o

Was happy with the results though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

anyone else do really badly in their exams???? i only got 35 credits in stage 1 and have no idea what to do! i know i would have to repeat a semester without my grant.. anyone any other ideas on what i could do??

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Ok looking at my subject grades breakdown and something is not right..

Its giving me an NG for an assignment I put effort into and submitted on time, is that even possible? There is no way it could have been that bad.. I though NG was only for if you didn't hand anything in at all? Like absolute zero effort?
    Can I appeal this or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

4.07 GPA, happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

I have tutorials worth 10% for one module, I attended every single one yet in the breakdown I got a C- for attendance??! Where as for the other two modules with tutorials I got an A+ for attendance. Can I appeal this apparent mistake??

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dtmc

dyl10 wrote: »
    4.07 GPA, happy with that.
    savage, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

Got an NG in an exam, know a few other people did as well, i know i didnt do badly in the exam and put in the same amount of effort with everything else and didnt repeat material.
    someone did suggest that UCD lost the scripts. anyone have any idea what i should do? email the course co-ordinator? leave it for a while? am i correct in assuming they would have emailed or said anything if they lost the scripts?

or did I and the others, just fail miserably?

also, got an A- in creative writing, got an A for the portfolio, B for attendance, so happy with that :) the only class i hoped i did really well in :) and passed everything else about as well as i expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

GPA of 4.12 for this year, which is nice considering its worth 30% of the overall degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

CD. wrote: »
    Got an NG in an exam, know a few other people did as well, i know i didnt do badly in the exam and put in the same amount of effort with everything else and didnt repeat material.
    someone did suggest that UCD lost the scripts. anyone have any idea what i should do? email the course co-ordinator? leave it for a while? am i correct in assuming they would have emailed or said anything if they lost the scripts?

also, got an A- in creative writing, got an A for the portfolio, B for attendance, so happy with that :) the only class i hoped i did really well in :) and passed everything else about as well as i expected.
    Email the lecturer, it's also possible they ran late and added the mark for your exam after the deadline to have it included here. Drop them a message, they can let you know what happened, and also possibly what your grade is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

High B's and high C's and a big duuurty F for beginners Spanish. No hablo Espanol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

Sorry to repeat but does anyone know what to do if there's been a mistake RE awarding the right marks for attendance? Went to them all but only got C- for attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Hi all,

I don't know if this has been posted before... but is there anywhere you can see a table or such that converts the A, B, C grades etc to what your degree will be, first class honours etc... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

GPA's now at 3.03, which I think is just under a 2.1?

Real happy with my results this semester, although I failed an elective

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Jigglypuff wrote: »
    Sorry to repeat but does anyone know what to do if there's been a mistake RE awarding the right marks for attendance? Went to them all but only got C- for attendance.

Email your lecturer and get them to clarify it for you.
    Ado86 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I don't know if this has been posted before... but is there anywhere you can see a table or such that converts the A, B, C grades etc to what your degree will be, first class honours etc... ?

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

Google is your friend, just type in 'ucd gpa explained' and its the first link. Page 3 converts grades into GPA and page 7 converts your GPA to degree type.

GPA's now at 3.03, which I think is just under a 2.1?

Real happy with my results this semester, although I failed an elective

Yeah 2.1 is 3.08 + unfortunately... check the link in my post above. Anything you think is worth appealing to try and get it up to a 2.1?

Edit: Did you get an E or and F in the one you failed? Even if you got an E I suggest repeating it rather than compensating, as the GPA for a P(C) is 1.6 while a P(R) is capped at 2, so that might get you over the line. Will give you some extra work going into next year, but would be worth it in the long run imo.

Congrats on the results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

CD. wrote: »

Yeah that doesn't sound right, I've done some research and apparently NGs are the lowest of the low, pretty much zero marks and only awarded if you don't do anything (or write nothing). So its probably a mistake, email your lecturer:)

do you need 45 or 50 credits to progress to stage 2?

You need 50 credits. In other words the maximum you can carry into the next stage is 10 credits.

• Advertisement

but what if you have 45 credits, 3 e's and gpa greater than 2.0?.. cant you carry on to stage 2 with being able to compensate the three e grades?

Advertisement