Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interest in print workflow workshop?

• 30-05-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Hi all :) I've had some people ask if I could go through a printing workflow with them so they could avail of the (really brilliant and very cheap!) facilities in RuaRed in Tallaght, and elsewhere. I want to get some teaching experience under my belt over the summer, so I'm throwing the idea of a 'share the knowledge' type day in Ruared, covering preparing and printing an exhibition quality image. They have fabulous facilities up there, including a mac suite and 2 very nice printers (one A2 and one A3). I'd cover some general photoshop usage, and specifically how to prepare your image and print through Photoshop using correct procedures. At the end of the day you'd be going home with a printed workflow sheet that i'll have covered completely, and an exhibition grade A3 print. (you could print to A2, but i'm not forking out for paper :P).

There is a small charge for booking the room (I think it's €70 for the day, 10 machines), and we would have to supply our own Epson paper, with a additional nominal cost of €1.50 per A3 print, so it'd work out at about €15 or so per person, maybe a little more. I won't be making any money on it.

I'm thinking early July? To give people time to print for People's Photography if they want.. There are already 2 people who want in, so there are 7 or 8 places available.

What think ye?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I'd be interested in attending to view your take on the process (I rarely print images these days so don't even post process to any degree)

I cant guarantee attendance (work etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nonsequitir

Very interested Sinéad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Depending on date, it's something I'd be very interested in attending.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Yep, I'd be interested too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

As above, depends on date really :)

Fair play though Sinead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Count me in Luv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ihastakephoto

yes, I would be interested depending on date :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Would absolutely love a chance to do something like this.

Kids'll be having baths and getting into their nice clothes for a sitting in the preceeding weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'd also be interested... depends on the date :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

I'd be interested too if there's any spaces left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

nice one sinead - would love to go , if i can - but place would be better with someone else - i barely know what im doing tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

You probably have the 7 or 8 already but put me on a subs list! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gozo

depending on the date I'd love to do this if there is space available

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Excellent. Count me in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Great :D I'll talk to the guys in RuaRed tomorrow and post dates here.. Oh and here's the media lab, if people want to have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Love to attend if a spot is available. If not I'll just have to wait till your next bit of teaching practice. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

yeah, if there's a subs list or whatever that'd be great, but i suppose it depends finally on dates. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭linearcutter

Looks like you might have to do a couple of these! Nice idea, I'm certainly interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

Though I'm probably too late I would also be very interested depending on the dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

I'm interested if you have room.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

I'd be really interested in this if there are any places left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'd be interested too!

Wow - ok, maybe two so!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Guess there might be a subs list for a second event now! But I'd be interested too.

quick update - all saturdays in July are free atm, so they're having a word with the tech to see if he can 100% ensure the printer is fully operational and full of ink :) Will keep you updated..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I'd be interested too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I would love to attend to learn some and compare to my own workflow.

Btw... What paper do you intend using?

Epson usually, the good one (can't remember the name. Kind of a gold and white box). The ICC profiles are all there for it, and it's a good all-rounder. I can pick up a box that we can then all split the cost of. I have some Hahnemuele that I've used there. The William Turner is lovely, but definitely not for everyone! I was going to print on that myself, to illustrate downloading and switching profiles, and also to illustrate colour shifts, even when you apply profiles correctly. The blacks look completely different for a start..

If people wanted to bring their own specific paper though that'd be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I was just in sheldon photographic yesterday and they are selling 50 packs of A2 Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster for €45 ex. Don't know if you've used it before. The quality is very good IMO, and for that price? I'd have bought it if my printer took that size. I still might and cut it to size....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 B_asil

I'm interested too but it really depends on the day/date. Weekend is best for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Count me in, please. Not the first weekend in July, please.

Would we have to have some experience in printing or can a complete beginner go ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'd love to attend if you're doing more than one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Only reading this thread now. Would love to join in - if possible... numbers/dates, etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

sineadw wrote: »
    I can pick up a box that we can then all split the cost of.

If that paper is good enough for you then I'd certainly take a few sheets for my prints - they'd do rightly for PP2011. I'd do missusP&B's too if she wants. Count me in anyway regardless of the date. In fact, Lorraine might be interested in coming along too (if there's room)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Can't believe I haven't been on Boards since 25/05...Luckily I got a chance to tell you directly that I'm interested! :)

Would we have to have some experience in printing or can a complete beginner go ?

It'd be aimed from complete beginner up, so no problem there :)

To all: I'm still waiting to hear back from Ruared on the situation with the printer. The one reservation I have is that on occasion, other users mess up the printer settings and they won't print, so I'm waiting for news back that they'll be able to have someone ensure everything is in working order the day we're there. Should hear by the end of the week. Then we can work out dates from there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭waldo

I'm very interested if there are spaces available. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

i'd love to be taught if there's a place (and will bring home baked cookies to bribe you :))

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

I would love to learn how to print. Please put me down for 9th July if a place becomes available. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Hi
    Just seen this. Late entry but interested if any spaces
    RoryW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

sineadw wrote: »
    It'd be aimed from complete beginner up, so no problem there :)

To all: I'm still waiting to hear back from Ruared on the situation with the printer. The one reservation I have is that on occasion, other users mess up the printer settings and they won't print, so I'm waiting for news back that they'll be able to have someone ensure everything is in working order the day we're there. Should hear by the end of the week. Then we can work out dates from there..

The weekend of the 9th is out for me

I'll stick you in for the 2nd so Trish..

I'm putting together a PM for people - will send it tonight. Gonna have to get payment in advance guys!

Would you be able to post a list of who got places and who is next in line ?

Please.

Sorry Cakes - my results got in the way and my brain has been dead for the last 48hrs. I'll post it all tonight..

Advertisement