Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student life in CIT

Options
  • 30-05-2011 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

What's the student life like in CIT?

Good societies? Good clubs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

AIRSOFT SOCIETY!!! oh and theres more, check out cit.ie for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

The Clubs and Societies are very active on campus. Check out the Societies website www.citsocieties.ie for a full list.

Also CIT recently setup a Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/CIT with lots of videos.

Some videos below:

Also check out www.facebook.com/myCIT and www.twitter.com/CIT_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

The canteen is the worst part of CIT. The rest is good.

The canteen is the worst part of CIT. The rest is good.

Looking at other college forums, people seem to complain about their canteens too. Its hard when trying to catering for thousands each day but I think the prices are good and they have a wide range of food. They have made massive improvements over the past few years.

I think it was last year 2FM awarded them the best college canteen and they also won the Green Hospitality Award, making them the very first third level canteen to achieve the award in Ireland.

If you want to pay a little extra, the Bistro in the Student Centre is an excellent alternative with really top class food and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padraiggriffin

Looking at other college forums, people seem to complain about their canteens too. Its hard when trying to catering for thousands each day but I think the prices are good and they have a wide range of food. They have made massive improvements over the past few years.

I think it was last year 2FM awarded them the best college canteen and they also won the Green Hospitality Award, making them the very first third level canteen to achieve the award in Ireland.

If you want to pay a little extra, the Bistro in the Student Centre is an excellent alternative with really top class food and service.

i thought those prices were good, 5euro back in 2010 was 4.50 year before. in fas now 2.10euro for dinner LOL, cit was robbing me, those little pizza hut things are also a waste of space.

• Advertisement

i thought those prices were good, 5euro back in 2010 was 4.50 year before. in fas now 2.10euro for dinner LOL, cit was robbing me, those little pizza hut things are also a waste of space.

AFAIK the canteen in FAS is subsidized as part of the training. The canteen in CIT is not but run to break even (or near to it).

In the main canteen, prices have dropped and they normally have two or more specials each day which cost around €3.00 - €3.50 for a main course. If you are looking for roast etc that would be more than €5. Dinners in the Bistro are in the €5 - €7 price range but you are paying for better service / quality / quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

The special in the canteen is €3.20-€3.50 and other meals are €3.50 to max €5.50. Small breakfast is €3.70. Its cheap enough, FAS people get subsidised food for whatever reason as well as being paid and not having any fees, it is not unknown for CIT students to sneak into FAS to get cheaper food.

mrmeindl wrote: »
    The special in the canteen is €3.20-€3.50 and other meals are €3.50 to max €5.50. Small breakfast is €3.70. Its cheap enough, FAS people get subsidised food for whatever reason as well as being paid and not having any fees, it is not unknown for CIT students to sneak into FAS to get cheaper food.

my dog wouldnt eat some of those specials,
    in finland their dinner is free :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jojo1989

Living in the shadows of UCC students.

my dog wouldnt eat some of those specials,
    in finland their dinner is free :eek:

Why don't you **** off to Finland then with your dog. The food is not that bad. I'm not sure if you're aware that Finland actually makes things and is not broke. If you're not going to contribute don't bother typing.

• Advertisement

jojo1989 wrote: »
    Living in the shadows of UCC students.

Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The food in the canteen is grand. I eat there sometimes. Usually just wait till I go home because the vegetarian options are usually quite boring...stir-fry everyday...you'd get sick of it!

mrmeindl wrote: »
    Why don't you **** off to Finland then with your dog. The food is not that bad. I'm not sure if you're aware that Finland actually makes things and is not broke. If you're not going to contribute don't bother typing.

relax dude:cool:, was just jokin, i dont have a dog, the foods ok

Advertisement