Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Raphael's Manor, Celbridge

Options
  • 30-05-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on an estate called St. Raphael's Manor in Celbridge. I'm thinking of buying a house in the estate, with a view to commuting to Dublin city center by bus from Main Street in Celbridge.

Does anyone have any experience of living in St. Raphael's Manor and what it's like there? Is the commute okay?

Any views are much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It's a fine estate. Pretty quite and very close to the village

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

some of the express Dublin Bus 67x now go from the Clane road side of town and would be handy for living in Rapheal's Manor

they take about 40-50 minutes

other options incluide the Bus Eireann route form Edenderry and the train from Hazelhatch to Hueston

They take much less than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Couldn't be much faster, its 14 miles from the estate to Dame St in Dublin for example, in a bus, doing multiple pick ups along the way.

The x doesn't stop!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Tallon wrote: »
    Nope, it sometimes doesn't go through Lucan or Chapolizard

The map doesn't show that it goes through either of those places anways. It goes on the Lucan bypass and then Chapelizod bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi Dhamma
    Dhamma wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of living in St. Raphael's Manor and what it's like there? Is the commute okay?

I lived there for six years ('01-'07 - we moved to Naas in '07) - we liked it and never had any significant issues. At the time, there was issues from time to time with people coming back from the nightclub in the Satanta house (we lived in Priory Lodge, close to the Clane Road) - but now that that's closed it shouldn't be an issue :D

We also had a breakin - but it was motivated to get the keys to my car (which at the time was quiet powerful) and I don't believe this would have been any less likely living anywhere else.

My only other issue was getting out of the estate and across the bridge in my car any time between 8.30 and 9.30 in morning because of the school traffic :mad: - as long as you're not around at that time of the morning you should be fine....

Paddy

They take much less than that

it took me 50 mins this morning!

perhaps you get the super fast one

• Advertisement

hmm, perhaps I do, or perhaps you are talking about rush hour?

The x doesn't stop!

yes it does

I get it every day

hmm, perhaps I do, or perhaps you are talking about rush hour?

I am talking about the 67x which only operates in morning and evening commute periods

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dhamma

Thanks for all the replies folks. They are much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Bus Eireann stop just up from clane road entrance to estate, good service morning and evening, Hazelhatch station is handy enough too as is Dublin bus.
    There is an St Raphaels Manor facebook page too

Advertisement