Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurel Hedge

Options
  • 30-05-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi There, I am new to all this so be kind, you have all probly been asked this 1,000,00 times but I have 2 hedges, one laurel and one privet, the privet one will not fill in in the bottom for me, I have kept it clipped and there is lawn both sides kept sprayed back about 2 feet either side of the hedge, is there anything I can do?

Next the Laurel and the most important question, the hedge is very scattered looking, it is about 3 to 4 years old now, what can I do to make it grom into one another quicker, should I cut the top of the hedge back hard to push the growth into the sides, this is what friends have told me.

Any help very greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 winnie the poo

Yes your friends are right, you should trim the top of your laurel hedge back hard. Dont trim it back to the hard wood but leave some leaves on the top if you can.

As for the privet all I can say is make sure the base of your hedge is fatter than the top of your hedge, sometimes when the bottom dies off its because the hedge is top heavy and no light gets to the base.

Advertisement