Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complaint

Options
  • 30-05-2011 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I want to have the way in which freudian slippers dealt with my complaint about abuse reviewed. FS just gave a general warning to all and di d not address my complaint directly. i may ask the garda comm why garda are allowed abuse people here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

For the sake of completeness on this issue, I post herewith correspondence by private message with Resend regarding my moderating decisions in question:

Resend wrote:
    Resend wrote:
    do you intend to follow up my complaint about boscoboy
    Already done. On thread warning.
    do you mean post 113. that is only a general and does not refer to boscoboy. I strongly object to his comparing me to that bully cop that nearly killed the guy and inferring i am ashamed of my job as i did not tell him. Thanks
    I dealt with the matter in the method I found to be proportionate for the circumstances.

You reported a post, stating:
    I want to complain about that comment comparing me to the garda thug. it is insulting. i am not under any obligation to say my work and do nnot have to take abuse because i choose not to

I reviewed the reported post:
    Actually, I'm probally being unfair to him to suggest that. Anyway keep your profession a secret, your obviously ashamed of it!

I concluded that Bosco boy had not "compared [you] to a garda thug." But felt that the thread had become too personal between posters.

I further found that your post:
    Resend wrote: »
    why should i answer your question? are you going to beat me if i don't. ?
    Was inciting the response you received.

If you have concerns about my decision in this matter please visit the Dispute Resolution forum. I consent to this Private Message conversation being quoted in any post in the said forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Resend wrote: »
    i may ask the garda comm why garda are allowed abuse people here

I will address this point (the rest I will leave to the CMod)

The Garda Commissioner has absolutely nothing to do with Gardai posting on this site.
    They post here of their own free will, in their own time. Just like the rest of us.

The fact that someone is a Garda has nothing to do with this site. Just like it has nothing to do with us what everyone else who posts here does for a living.
    It is irrelevant to your complaint.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Resend, I've read the thread in question and while things got a bit personal, there was no requirement for FS to go in all guns blazing.

It's a divisive topic which resulted in some handbags. If after a general mod warning has been made, people keep up the same line of posting, then is the time to start pointing fingers and dishing out cards.

As of now the thread has been silent since, so the required result has been achieved with minimum fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I will address this point (the rest I will leave to the CMod)

The Garda Commissioner has absolutely nothing to do with Gardai posting on this site.
    They post here of their own free will, in their own time. Just like the rest of us.

The fact that someone is a Garda has nothing to do with this site. Just like it has nothing to do with us what everyone else who posts here does for a living.
    It is irrelevant to your complaint.
    you think he would like it, the way this guy is allowed to abuse me and put me on a par with a thug cop
    The fact that someone is a Garda has nothing to do with this site.
    i never said it has but the comm would not like gardai on the internet abusing people. you do not know what is relevant to me only what is relevant in relation to boards. you do not know what is relevan to me in relation to being abused by a cop

Dades wrote: »
    Resend, I've read the thread in question and while things got a bit personal, there was no requirement for FS to go in all guns blazing.

It's a divisive topic which resulted in some handbags. If after a general mod warning has been made, people keep up the same line of posting, then is the time to start pointing fingers and dishing out cards.

As of now the thread has been silent since, so the required result has been achieved with minimum fuss.
    so what happens does the garda who abused me of being like the scum cop get a warning
    As of now the thread has been silent since, so the required result has been achieved with minimum fuss
    what does that mean
    is my complaint upheld or can gardai abuse people here as well as on the street?

• Advertisement

any update?

Advertisement