Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OLD SKOOL BMX IRELAND 26TH JUNE PHOENIX PARK

• 30-05-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

hi, dublin bike day happans on the 26th of june in the phoenik park
    this year tere will be a section for old school bmx from the 1980s

raleigh aero pros and burners, skyways and mongoose all 80s bmx
    tere will be present day bmx tere doing stunts and so on aswell

all are welcome if you have an old bmx from the 80s bring it along, tere will be survivor bmx and restored bmx on display

this is our first year to display 1980s bmx so we hope it goes well, if your a collector or just want to relive your youth come along with the family or friends and check out the red hot bmx bikes for the 80s!!

everything is free!!

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Will they be racing? I remember, vaguely, going to see a bmx race in/around the Magazine Fort back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

hi tere will be no racing with the old skool bmx they will be on display, to expensive to race now they are collectors items but they were some bikes to go back in tere day!!

tere will be stunts and bmx ramps as far as i am awear for present day bmx!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KOIZUMI

:cool:....gather the troops.No wheelies on my pro anyway:eek:.......not because i can't,it's because i'm afraid of falling:rolleyes:..........and i'm a fat mutha****a.Lookin' forward to it Paul.

brother your pros are the show, get stuck in ya good thing!! ;-)
    the chrome is so bright i got to wear shades!!

should be good my man if not we hit the boozer!!

The boozer will be hit either way,i betcha we end up in tomangos or coco's:rolleyes: I can see ye boppin' to some bronski beat Paul......i know you love that sh1t:D

• Advertisement

ya have your ring!! stone roses , happy mondays, charlatans, manchester in the area brother, now ur talking!! , "com on have a go if you think your hard enought"!!! lolol :-) but i will have me boot runners on and me mixed tapes , got to love the 80s!! :-o

I hope it could be like this some day:cool:
    100_0986.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gerry1h

bring it on boys looking forward to this ,we be like little lads on christmas morning .do you no how many are going at the min. or is it only us few burner addicts ,haye whats wrong with bronski beat .i might bring my ghetto blaster and pump out WHY or SMALLTOWN BOY 12INCH :D do you no where in the park we should meet up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chuppachee

Hey lads, what time is this going on at? Sounds good.

hi as far as i am awear tere will be a set up near the big cross in the park right beside it, id say anytime from 12 to 4 and you would see us tere!!

i think the old school bmx will be just lined up along side the main show which is being held buy dublin bike day, we will just slip in tere and our bikes will be on display

cheers

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just had a great flashback of my hand me down bmx I got from a male cousin. Now wondering what happened to it, think I was made hand it down to a neighbours kid. If only I'd known how much I'd want it back one day. :(

KOIZUMI wrote: »

fair play brother looks good, should be better with the old skool section!! what beasts are you bringing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lornski1234

This sounds great! I hope the sun shines on The Phoenix Park on the 26th. Will there be old skool BMX accessories on sale do you know, I could do with frame-pads. Cheers!

one week to go lads looking forward to meeting you lads:)

I just hope the bleedin' rain holds off lads.......anyway see you there about half one in and around the papal cross......we can take it from there:cool:

Can one of yis contact noelo on here please.

KOIZUMI wrote: »
    I just hope the bleedin' rain holds off lads.......anyway see you there about half one in and around the papal cross......we can take it from there:cool:

Can one of yis contact noelo on here please.

brother i told him , ya i hope the rain holds off, cant have the goods getting wet bejasus!!! we got to make sure this gets put on youtube so someone bring a handy cam???

This sounds great! I hope the sun shines on The Phoenix Park on the 26th. Will there be old skool BMX accessories on sale do you know, I could do with frame-pads. Cheers!

hi , well to be honest tere wont be a stall but you will make contact with the lads and we all try help each other out , i may have a frame for you! see ya sunday

cheers paul

ive just checked the long term forcast is looking good for sunday with highs of 24 degrees and maybe some light showers il settle for 20 degrees and no rain :D i hope you all have been practicing your bunny hops and wheelies :) lol

gerry1h wrote: »
    ive just checked the long term forcast is looking good for sunday with highs of 24 degrees and maybe some light showers il settle for 20 degrees and no rain :D i hope you all have been practicing your bunny hops and wheelies :) lol

hi ger what are you bringing i think paul is bringing his pros proper old skool classics he will steal the show!! im bringing a chrome unrestored 85 styler, hard to find are the chrome mk2 burners , stylers even rarer with the r cut outs!! im also going to bring my survivor 85 white mag burner, the one that was re-issued in 2008 , i try collect my bikes in survivor condition i dont own one restored bmx!! its just the way i like to collect the history that comes with a survivor is priceless in my book, but if you really get a bad one then you have to restore i guess??? any bikes i did restore i end up selling anyway, i suppose it all boils down to luck, i got lucky with what i got in survivor condition and i think i can speak for paul, he was poxed lucky with what he got all those cr-mos, ya jammy bastard!!! hahahahah :-) only buzzing

looking forward, lets hope its the start of somthing big in old skool bmx ireland!!

• Advertisement

hi mate il be brining my mk1 tuff wit alloy hubed tuffs it looks the dogs nuts also ill be brining a mk2 super survivor its in stunning cond.also i might bring either a rebuilt copy team aero or a mk2 mag thats restored and if i can fit in a sweet little blue mini :o .i have to see what i can fit in my car .

gerry1h wrote: »
    hi mate il be brining my mk1 tuff wit alloy hubed tuffs it looks the dogs nuts also ill be brining a mk2 super survivor its in stunning cond.also i might bring either a rebuilt copy team aero or a mk2 mag thats restored and if i can fit in a sweet little blue mini :o .i have to see what i can fit in my car .

hi ger sounds deadly what you got!!! pauls bringing 4 bikes your bringing 3 and a half lol :-) im bringing 2 , its all i can fit in the car!! :-( , noelo is bringing 1 , pauls mate is bring 3 and teres a nice rampar in tere and i think teres one or two others paul knows, so id say tere will be about 15 bikes all going well, plus i now hear a bike shop wants to get involved with our venture and he wants us to take some photos of the burners for his web site and to promote next year!!

jasus thats not bad for the first gig, next year 30 bmx, 40 bmx , 50 bmx who knows lets get the ball rolling big time!!! "gowon ya good thing"!! hahaha :-P and dont forget youtube we have to put it up tere!! plus im texting the hector fella on 2fm tomorrow on me way to work to give us a bit of a mention, he better the nugget hahahah :-) peace brother!!

Roses ye mad thing:D..........the weather is supposed to be deadly so thats a huge bonus.I got alot of interest off the cycle inn in tallaght(Robbie and mark).I'm just personally lookin' forward to seein' some more old school......remember ALL old school is welcome.Please don't bring any 'we the people' .........I reckon we could be in for a few shocks because i know ther are some real serious old school bmx floating around:cool:

change of plans most roads are closed in the park tomorrow so we meet at the polo grounds instead at 1.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Floss109

I hope this event went well, it sounds amazing. I would love to get involved next year, my big stumbling block though is the lack of a Raleigh Burner, I have a mini burner in the attic but I think it's about time I moved up to the full burner. My problem is that I don't know where to start, would anyone have any suggestions on the best way to come about a burner, what pitfalls should I watch for, is it an addiction, will I find a burner and then crave another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

guys, have a question and didnt know where to post this, (which thread).
    im into extreme sports always watching them. skateboarding or bmxing. love them all. im pretty quiet i dont go out drinking or partying or any of that so in my free time after work i play computer games or do some photography etc. well i was thinking of buying a bmx bike for messing about on and learning a few tricks. i had one years ago and always thought and wanted to buy one since. my question is, well im not exactly a kid.. im 27. so this sounds stupid i know alot of people would laugh at me but im not into soccer or gaa football or hurling. ya know. what do you think, would i be daft!? i have a car but to be honest i miss having a bike for at home. im stuck inside most evenings bored to me t*ts. petrol is so deer now i go out when needed. how old are most of you here anyways. id love to go to one of these events and take some photography shots of it.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    guys, have a question and didnt know where to post this, (which thread).
    im into extreme sports always watching them. skateboarding or bmxing. love them all. im pretty quiet i dont go out drinking or partying or any of that so in my free time after work i play computer games or do some photography etc. well i was thinking of buying a bmx bike for messing about on and learning a few tricks. i had one years ago and always thought and wanted to buy one since. my question is, well im not exactly a kid.. im 27. so this sounds stupid i know alot of people would laugh at me but im not into soccer or gaa football or hurling. ya know. what do you think, would i be daft!? i have a car but to be honest i miss having a bike for at home. im stuck inside most evenings bored to me t*ts. petrol is so deer now i go out when needed. how old are most of you here anyways. id love to go to one of these events and take some photography shots of it.

you think getting an old skool bmx is a bit daft caues your 27 and your worryed people might laugh? first up who gives a **** what people think, 2th do what you want to do, 3th get an old school bmx becaues it keeps you young at heart , 4th i think is stupid to get up every morning to do a job you dont want to do then go home and do the same **** day in day out! everybody needs somthing man, old skool bmxing is one of the best hobbys around, the new film super 8 is based in 1979 great film, great time to be a kid and great bmx in it , its coming back big time! , all the lads including myself are no younger then 36 - 37 right up to 40, it was our time the 70s and 80s it was great and thats why we still have or memorys today our beloved old skool bmx!! they are hard to find but when you get one your hooked!! go for it , enjoy

Advertisement