Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bottomless vegetable bed question

Options
  • 30-05-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,
    I'm just in the process of setting up a bottomless vegetable bed and i'm trying to decide if I willl get better results if I put it straight on the lawn or in an area that is made of concrete or will it make no difference?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I have put my bottomless beds directly onto the concrete and haven't had any probs. I have onions, beetroot & scallions growing away like mad! One definete advantage to this is that I have no weeds at all

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Excuse my ignorance but what's a bottomless bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

kellso81 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what's a bottomless bed?
    there is no base to the wooden box

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dbrook4

That's great! Thanks for the quick response, I was thinking that about the weeds too.
    A bottomless vege bed is basically 4 planks of wood in the shape of a sqaure that holds soil and compost to grow vege or flowers in with no bottom..

Advertisement