Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am fuming!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ask to see the school's policy folder for one about hygiene, cleanliness, ringing parents to take children out of class for being dirty. If it's in there, she's covered. If not, heads will roll.

Seems a good approach.

Very poor judgement for a teacher/principle to do this IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What about her teacher? Surely he/she was involved?

Don't just let this go by OP, there's a school in this town that insisted all students were "clean-shaven" at least until 4 years ago. I knew two people who would shave every morning and by the afternoon their stubble was deemed as being proper facial hair. They were told to either shave using a communal razor or miss classes for the rest of the day. The two guys I know who were affected left the school 4 and 8/9 years ago which shows how long this kind of crap can go on until someone does something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

if you deem it necessary for your child to go to another school you should lodge an official complaint with the board of management and also with the dept of education.

I think you should!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

The more I think about it, the angrier I'm getting.

I'm actually thinking of switching schools in Spetember. There have been numerous stories about this particular principle and her OCD issues, it just seems my daughter was the poor sap who got picked on today.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to get her a place in another primary school over the summer.....
    she should have known your daughter enough to know that this was a once off, and let it go,

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikemike

UNREAL !!! The principle sounds like a total OCD case ..
    For Gods sake , Children are children and act as such , she's meant to be an adult and she's acting like dictactor ..
    You're right to feel annoyed , I'd be as mad as a C*nt .. I'm annoyed writing this ..
    You could always wait for her to come around the corner and empty a bucket of slurry over her head ,, maybe then she'd try and get some sort of help for her obsession with cleanliness .
    Life is tough enough , what the principle is doing only makes things worse .
    Take your daughter to a local rugby match or something just as dirty on a wet day , and make a joke of how the principle would handle this situation , with grown adults rolling around in the mud and dirt and having an absolute ball !! Your daughter needs reassurance that the principle is the one in the wrong , NOT her .
    Best of luck in getting it sorted .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

This is driving me bonkers.....

principAL = Headteacher of school
    principLE = Rule or belief

;)

I knew I should have paid more attention in school ,, mind you , I did have mountains of wax in me ears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Quick update:

I kept my daughter off school the next day, because she was genuinely upset and didn't want to go in.

Cue 3 O'clock and my elder daughter arrives home and tells me the principal had called her out of class to the office to enquire as to why my younger daughter hadn't gone on her school tour. She said she was out because she was feeling ill (I told her this was the reason, because my younger daughter was too embarrassed to tell her the real reason), to which the principal apparantly snorted and said that wasn't the reason at all, sure wasn't it because she had sent her home the previous day to have a shower because she looked like she had been "dragged up and down a chimney".

I saw red at that point, picked up the phone and proceeded to tell the principal in no uncertain terms how dare she a) get my other daughter involved and b) use such offensive and untrue language to describe the incident.
    I told her she had not only acted unprofessionally, but had caused distress to my daughter. She was also informed that I would be taking the matter to the Board of Management and removing my daughter from the school after the summer. I also told her not to discuss the matter any further with any of my children, or I would report her to the Board of Education for misconduct.

I am completely at a loss as to why she has decided to exaggerate and exascerbate the incident to such a degree. The woman comes across as a vicious shrew with some axe to grind at this stage - I was so upset yesterday, I shut myself in my bedroom and cried for 20 minutes.

anyway, I have contacted another school and they are sending me out an application form to go on a waiting list for September. I'm hoping the fact she lives so nearby will swing it and she'll be enrolled there, or else I'm at a loss! I'll be damned if I ever let her set foot in that school come September.

Honestly, I haven't been this angry in a long, long time.

Dont get angry. Get even. She has now humiliated your 2 kids and upset you. I would make it my personal business to humilliate her.

How many kids has / will she do this to over her career. Escalate this as far as you can up to and including the Minister

Spot On !!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My daughter doesn't even want to go on her school tour tommorrow, she's so embarrassed.
    Holy f**k. Lynch the principal for this, tbh. "The straw that broke the camels" back, as it were. School tours are to be looked forward, not dreaded because someone on a power-trip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

amacachi wrote: »
    What about her teacher? Surely he/she was involved?

Don't just let this go by OP, there's a school in this town that insisted all students were "clean-shaven" at least until 4 years ago. I knew two people who would shave every morning and by the afternoon their stubble was deemed as being proper facial hair. They were told to either shave using a communal razor or miss classes for the rest of the day. The two guys I know who were affected left the school 4 and 8/9 years ago which shows how long this kind of crap can go on until someone does something.

Read back amachi...the teacher IS the principal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

That principal sounds like she's been heading that school since Jesus wore nappies and has been let have her own way since then because anything for a quiet life.
    Children are meant to be dirty. They are meant to root around in gardens and trees and generally if they're not head to foot in muck, then they're not getting the benefit of small germs to stop big germs and just...you should've seen me as a child. I was filthy from playing in fields and chicken runs and woods all day and my mother never so much as batted an eyelid. My teachers pretty much insisted that we play in the meadow behind the school in every weather except actual hailstones and we were all trooped in to wash our hands but sometimes we'd leave the school dirtier than when we came into it.
    OP, I'm glad you've not let this go. If you write to the DOE, send it registered post and request a response as you will go further without an adequate resolution, that should put wings on them.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PingPing

D1stant wrote: »
    Dont get angry. Get even. She has now humiliated your 2 kids and upset you. I would make it my personal business to humilliate her.

How many kids has / will she do this to over her career. Escalate this as far as you can up to and including the Minister

I have to say, I agree completely.
    She doesn't just sound like someone with 'issues', she sounds like someone with 'issues' on a power trip, high on her own authority. People like that only understand when someone above their (personally perceived) level takes THEM aside and says "No. You're in the wrong."

One letter, several copies:
    keep one, send one to the class teacher, one to the board of management, one to the department of education, one to the minister personally, and one to the principal herself with all the other names of where it's been sent to at the bottom, so she can read it over and have a nice sit-and-think about how she's behaved.

Uch. This has made me so angry! How DARE she?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Fittle wrote: »
    Read back amachi...the teacher IS the principal!!
    Not true
    Different unrelated thread I believe
    See #16
    My daughter's teacher didn't say a word, though. My daughter was just bringing down her school tour money to the office when the principal spotted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 donotvalidate

I know it's nigh on 7 years ago but did anything ever happen the principal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Zombie thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement