Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat HD

• 30-05-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Hi I installed a new Samsung Tv at my house over the weekend its a LC 46" C750, when i connected the Satellite cable and chose my country setting i said UK to get the English stations,That i previously got with my HD box but all i am getting is Soarview on my set am i doing something wrong.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

As far as I can see, this TV doesn't have a satellite tuner, freesat or otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

That TV does not have freesat tuner, only freeview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

You might be mistaking Freesat for Freeview, Freeview HD TV's are able to get saorview which is what you are getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

So i cant get the English channels then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Not without a set top box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

It is not a satellitel cable you are connecting its a terrestrial one via an aerial. You will not be able to get freeview channels in Ireland as this service is for the Uk only however people near the north eastern parts of the country may be able to receive some freeview channels with the right aerial in theory????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

steveon wrote: »
    It is not a satellitel cable you are connecting its a terrestrial one via an aerial. You will not be able to get freeview channels in Ireland as this service is for the Uk only however people near the north eastern parts of the country may be able to receive some freeview channels with the right aerial in theory????

No it a cable run directly to my dish,looks like i have to get a new HD box for the English Free to air channels, anyone recommend one.

Thanks for all the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Hootanany wrote: »
    No it a cable run directly to my dish,looks like i have to get a new HD box for the English Free to air channels, anyone recommend one.

Thanks for all the replies

There are cheaper options but the Humax Freesat HD is a good box.

£112.00 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-Digital-Satellite-Set-Top/dp/B00264GX40/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1306788521&sr=8-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Martin_F

I've a humax - it's a good box.

This one is also meant to be on a par.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002DPVMXO/ref=nosim?tag=joinfreesat-21

the big advantage over the humax is it supports pvr via usb to external HDD and is good value @ £102

Advertisement