Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Touring" bike size - help

• 30-05-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have measured wife's inside leg and it's 79cm and her height is 170cm. The calculations I made are that she would require a 54cm frame but I'm thinking that might be a bit big for this type of touring bike - it has a sloping top tube.

http://www.mhw-bike.com/touring-bike/100/touring-bike-cube-travel-men-/-lady-white-n-black-n-silver-2011?c=14

Can I please ask your opinion on this and if you think we should perhaps go with a 50cm frame instead and adjust height of saddle/bars ??

Also, is there anywhere I can buy this or a similar type of bicycle online in Ireland? Maybe something cheaper would be as good ?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The Cycle Superstore in Tallaght is a big Cube dealer - they'd probably have something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks Morgan.

Whatcha reckon on size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Cycle Superstore in Tallaght is a big Cube dealer - they'd probably have something similar.

They have the exact same Bike but it's 70 euro dearer than getting it imported from Germany !!!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

They're probably flexible on price, to an extent. I'd happily pay a little more for the ability to try a bike before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dogbad

I;m 183 cm and always got 56cm touring bikes, Thorn and Koga, but I tend to like a bigger framesize, In a non compact type frame I should use a 21" so I reckon the smaller one would probably be the safest way to go if you can't try one out for size first. The saddle can always be a bit higher or lower on either frame size remember but the reach is a difficult one,
    There's a dealer in North West England that might be worth a call. They're called Wheelbase and they;re in a small village called Staveley in Cumbria. If you ring and ask for James or Chris and tell them Steve Sparrow, me good self, pointed you to them they will give you help as they have a frame measuring jig and should have an idea from the sizes you give them.

UK Number is 01539 821443. They're good people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement