Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tournament results from the Lan

• 30-05-2011 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

for anyone interested, heres the results from the lan tournaments.

1v1 tournament

160985.png

3v3 monobattle tournament

160986.png

*note any team that did not play a match was given a draw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

not bad from me for losing in the first round to a bronze toss :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Funky fighting ~~

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

a protoss won a tournament? no way........
    /sarcasm off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Columc wrote: »
    not bad from me for losing in the first round to a bronze toss :(

Yep was my only win. Cheese Til ya win :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Top 8 isn't bad I guess :P Did better than I did last time. Really wanted that win against Vanyd though but he beat me fair and square, good games all round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

zoom! are you jack or pacwac? we really didnt know if you were even at the lan!

I know you mentioned that you wanted to bring 3-4 friends, so I assume your jhax? :p

ya hes jhax

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

Greg, come on!

There were no master zergs. I think Funky could back me up saying that our games were close. Actually I just suck late game TvP and cant utilize my advantages :D

And I am pretty sure if it was me or NighT who won the tournament you would write the same thing replacing protoss with terran.

P.S. I wish all zergs were nice like these guys: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=224206

P.P.S. ggs and thanks to RM for organisation :)

P.P.P.S. oh freepower. that guy who went 10hatch vs blinn and got top4 only losing close games vs funky. scary and really good :D hey we didnt play the nobansheenomuta thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

Khazidhea wrote: »
    Greg, come on!

There were no master zergs. I think Funky could back me up saying that our games were close. Actually I just suck late game TvP and cant utilize my advantages :D

And I am pretty sure if it was me or NighT who won the tournament you would write the same thing replacing protoss with terran.

P.S. I wish all zergs were nice like these guys: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=224206

P.P.S. ggs and thanks to RM for organisation :)

P.P.P.S. oh freepower. that guy who went 10hatch vs blinn and got top4 only losing close games vs funky. scary and really good :D hey we didnt play the nobansheenomuta thing!

All zergs i met at the lan were dead on. Alto freepower is a dickhead for beating me 2-1 :p

Im glad funky won. Better than bunker rush every game from terrans.

Saying that bet you funky will cannon rush me nxt time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

^ that first game was deeply uncomfortably close as well, I was arriving at your base only like 20 seconds before your infestors spawned...

It could easily have been 2-0 to you, you were pretty strong - and obviously dead on, that's just the zerg way. ^_^
    P.P.P.S. oh freepower. that guy who went 10hatch vs blinn and got top4 only losing close games vs funky. scary and really good hey we didnt play the nobansheenomuta thing!

10 hatch v blinn, nydus rush v funky... I seem to get less viable with time. :P

If me and him win our first round games in the boards tourney we'll be playing again, I'm gonna have to come up with some special anti-funky builds. As long as he doesn't think of a way to get banshees as toss it'll be as much fun as last time. :D

(oh, and I didn't build a roach in ZvP or ZvT the whole tourney, how different from my last LAN? XD )

• Advertisement

We need Blinn back :P

Were did he ever disseaper to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

Good place for me hehe

Anyway gg for Funky and Khaz. Finals were so much delayed...

Were did he ever disseaper to?

Pretty sure at the end of the first LAN he said he was finding it increasingly hard to focus on SC2 with Uni. I think he also mentioned something about playing another game (maybe it was CSS?) ;/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Khazidhea wrote: »

Yea they were. When I watched most of the replays some of the times I thought I'd got an earlyish advantage I'd really only just evened out the game a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

funky CLEARLY riding his luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Jazzy wrote: »
    funky CLEARLY riding his luck.

If they nerfed Toss cheese dude would be bronze in no time...

^ yeah, every one of our games I was like "Time to play a standard macro game! :D " and he just totally went for these really odd all-ins... >.>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Did better than the last one which I'm pretty happy with considering I played 3 games in between (damn college/exams :P) Was great fun, thanks for organising it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

when's the next one? would love to go.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Royal sais something about having one in july

Yes, indeed. July seems to be the next time for a lan.

However, this time ill be pulling all the stops and aces out of my sleeve's.

Yes, indeed. July seems to be the next time for a lan.

However, this time ill be pulling all the stops and aces out of my sleeve's.

I think the main thing regarding organising is the tournamnet went very smoothly(except for me delaying it a good bit :( ) The actual thing that needs work on is the machines and internet connection of the LAN cafe, the machines need to be tested for patches and can they handle the game. Most of the machines can handle starcraft, but a few of them(the one on the far right were me and chicks were orginnaly sitting) were very bad, the frame rate were terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭F69Baal

Nice run Freepower :)

I think the main thing regarding organising is the tournamnet went very smoothly(except for me delaying it a good bit :( ) The actual thing that needs work on is the machines and internet connection of the LAN cafe, the machines need to be tested for patches and can they handle the game. Most of the machines can handle starcraft, but a few of them(the one on the far right were me and chicks were orginnaly sitting) were very bad, the frame rate were terrible.

I made a note of the machines that cause a problem, and I'll make sure no one takes them next time.
    The tournament went great.

I wonder if we could find a different venue? Where is galwayLAN held or is that a byopc?

F69Baal wrote: »
    Nice run Freepower :)

Thanks, I got a lucky draw but I think I played better than last LAN. ^_^

(and I only lost a series to Funky the whole night, which was nice)

(not that I could have beat the other Masters, just sayin' :P )

Btw, any chance you could come to the next one? Last time you taught me an interesting lesson about ZvP on metal. :p

I made a note of the machines that cause a problem, and I'll make sure no one takes them next time.
    The tournament went great.

I wonder if we could find a different venue? Where is galwayLAN held or is that a byopc?

GalwayLAN is a BYOC,

Venue wise there are only two spots I can think of in Dublin, the current one Xtreme gaming center(xgc) and then there is also another one called 5 star internet(if i recall correctly) They are both owned by the same people, But I am unsure on the specs of the machines of 5star.

However if we were going to look at other places around Ireland, There are a few dedicated gaming cafes.

Area 52 down in cork is one internet cafe that does all nighters on a cheap price with good machines(Last i checked they were alienware, this was a year and a bit ago however)

Square eye in Galway is another internet cafe that is a dedicated gaming center, And from visiting a lot of palces around Ireland I have to say they are by far the nicest and good quality of machines, however are a bit expensive.

We could always go with the BYOC option, however locations and equipement are always a problem(location that provides good internet useage and rates and also location for people to travel with there machines/laptops)

For a 12 hour LAN I wouldnt think most people would be intrested in a BYOC event, more so if it was a weekend type deal.

Webworkhouse is I believe the best internet cafe in Cork City, in a convenient place to, just two minutes from the bus station...

http://www.webworkhouse.com/

Orizio wrote: »
    Webworkhouse is I believe the best internet cafe in Cork City, in a convenient place to, just two minutes from the bus station...

http://www.webworkhouse.com/

cheers dude. ive contacted them now.

• Advertisement

they are very explicit about the swearing. :eek: I swear like a sailor at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PacWac

Cork? o.O

8 hours away from Belfast. : (

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LawrenciuM

Uhhhh i would like to politely request that we don't have it in Cork because then my five friends and I can go again.....

there's a LOT to consider with venue, not just distance. If we can find somewhere that has better facilities such as better computers, faster and more reliable broadband then it might be worth considering.

But for now, all ive done is sent them an e-mail.

So as far as im concerned, the only place capable of us having a lan is the XGC in dublin.

LawrenciuM wrote: »
    Uhhhh i would like to politely request that we don't have it in Cork because then my five friends and I can go again.....

There has already been two in Dublin, there is the odd SC2 player outside of the Pale you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Orizio wrote: »
    There has already been two in Dublin, there is the odd SC2 player outside of the Pale you know.

Me and my friends are from Belfast, we are willing to travel. But what they mean is Cork is too far away for us. aka, we can not go if it is in Cork but we would like to go. :)

• Advertisement

I think a Belfast LAN is seriously overdue, is the cybercafe situation still that dire?

freepower wrote: »
    I think a Belfast LAN is seriously overdue, is the cybercafe situation still that dire?

Sadly, yes :mad: i dont know of one place in which you could have a LAN in Belfast, or anywhere nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PacWac

freepower wrote: »

I wish it were possible. Alas, with the closure of both P.O.N.G. stores, it has become quite difficult to find a place. Sadtimes. : (

i think this summarises irish gaming center's very nicely.

"Everywhere is just SHIT"

i think this summarises irish gaming center's very nicely.

"Everywhere is just SHIT"

square eyes best place in ireland!

• Advertisement

its in galway, so its shit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

I haven't been in there, but it looked small from the outside. Can we all fit? :D

I like Galway, have it there. Or Cork, cuz then I don't have to go far ^^

XGC is fine too as long as they get their **** together for next time, patch the game and clean the ****ing toilets, that's all I want! I know which PCs to avoid so it's all good.

Belfast too far :/

Yay moar LAN! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

its in galway, so its shit...

Galway is awesome, you just don't like fun. Like M-rod.

Chicks wrote: »
    I haven't been in there, but it looked small from the outside. Can we all fit? :D

42 machines downstairs, all quad core 1gb gfx, razer mice, 23" monitors, 6gb ram.

Also galway is the best city in Ireland. noting compares to it!

42 machines downstairs, all quad core 1gb gfx, razer mice, 23" monitors, 6gb ram.

if they're the specs, then why the **** are we not organising to go there instead?

for the belfast lads, i know you said cork was too far, but how about galway?

its roughly a 4 hour drive.

Go-go-galway. Only an hour on the bus for me, also only an hour away on the train too.
    Damn Ennis for being just far enough away from everywhere, so that everywhere is inconvenient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol.. galway.. city

6hours on the train to Galway apparently, probably not. But i will see when everyone else gets online.

Oh yeah, will it be all night again? as if its during the day travel arrangements are a lot easier.

But i take it, it is all night?

• Advertisement
Advertisement