Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Eircom Sales man Running from the scene.

Options
  • 30-05-2011 1:33pm

My family have all moved away from Eircom , but recently an Eircom salesman came to my sisters house looking to get her signed up to the NG Broadband.
    He was very pushy on getting her to sign there and then but she decided not to . He asked her to just sign up for a month and cancel if she didn't like it. She said no she wants to think and asked him to come back.

She did a bit of investigating and realized that NG broadband was not in the area. Couple of day's later he comes back with the contract , ready to sign.

My sister , went through everything and he said the 8 meg broadband will be set up as promised . She stopped him right there and said ,she had her friend investigate this and Next Gen Broadband is not available in the area.

The Sales man then ran ! I kid you not , he ran down the estate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

My family have all moved away from Eircom , but recently an Eircom salesman came to my sisters house looking to get her signed up to the NG Broadband.
    He was very pushy on getting her to sign there and then but she decided not to . He asked her to just sign up for a month and cancel if she didn't like it. She said no she wants to think and asked him to come back.

She did a bit of investigating and realized that NG broadband was not in the area. Couple of day's later he comes back with the contract , ready to sign.

My sister , went through everything and he said the 8 meg broadband will be set up as promised . She stopped him right there and said ,she had her friend investigate this and Next Gen Broadband is not available in the area.

The Sales man then ran ! I kid you not , he ran down the estate.

Hi Dre as in Dray,

Sorry to hear about the experience your sister had with the agent, Do you have the agents name and the date he called to her address and I will escalate the issue to the sales manager for the area.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

running_man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hi Dre as in Dray,

Sorry to hear about the experience your sister had with the agent, Do you have the agents name and the date he called to her address and I will escalate the issue to the sales manager for the area.

Thanks, Mark

It's common practice from eircom reps to offer what they can not provide.
    Same as OP salesman told me i can get 7mg.I told him i tried to get 7mg before but my line can not handle it.
    Salesman went at his computer/phone he had with him and typed in my landline and sai yeah no problem i can get you 7mg,I agreed but next day i rang eircom 1901 and they confirmed 3mg is the best i can get.:rolleyes:

Cancelled there and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vodaspybot

eircom door to door salesman(or any door to door ) are on a low salary and they make there wage from signing you up,once your signed up they never see you again so they are going to promise you the earth moon and stars to get commision,i dont really blame them,just tryin to earn a crust i spose,hilarious the thought of your man doing a legger though -busted ! it must have been his worst nightmare:D

Didnt get the name of the salesman, but he was covering Rathoath area.

• Advertisement

Didnt get the name of the salesman, but he was covering Rathoath area.

Hi Dre as in Dray,

It may be very difficult to pin-point the agent without naming them specifically. However if you do obtain any further information get back to me and I will chase it up for you.

Thanks, Mark

It may be very difficult to pin-point the agent without naming them specifically. However if you do obtain any further information get back to me and I will chase it up for you.

Thanks, Mark

Being Difficult doesnt mean you shouldn't try. If it were my company, i would be embarrassed by it. But to be honest we saw the funny side of it.

Being Difficult doesnt mean you shouldn't try. If it were my company, i would be embarrassed by it. But to be honest we saw the funny side of it.

Hi Dre as in Dray,

I appreciate that, does your sister remember the dates or times the agent called out if she can.

Can you PM your sisters address as well please.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement