Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glowing - help getting strong and reducing to 15% bf

Options
  • 30-05-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Hmmm have never written a log like this before so here goes .... would love your feedback and advice :o

Am in my late 20's, weigh 53kilos, measure 5'5, and have 17% bodyfat (as of last week) - so am trying to reduce to 15% bf and increase muscle basically to see what happens!

Here is last weeks training - bit light on the gym details as I'm only picking up the plan tonight.

Tuesday
    45 minute spinning class

Wednesday
    1 hour beginners Kettlebell class (got to say I love it - finished with 7 minutes of swings with 12kg)

Thursday
    First session with my PT where we went over my weights plan - more details to follow, going to do my first full session tonight

Saturday
    1 hour kettlebells (we did the one armed snatch, phew it was hard)

Sunday
    30 minutes brisk walking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Not sure if it's allowed but could you put in what and how much you eat also?
    Well done by the way,im sure you will be able to do it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Delighted to see you start a log:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Ok here we go - I'll try remember everything I did otherwise I'll update later with the exact weight details :o

Monday

1. Deep and slow lunges 15*3 - bodyweight then 4kg/4kg on each side.
    2. Double hamstring curls (15/10/10) with 18kg, then 22.5kg for last 2 sets

3. Shoulder press - 15*3 - 4kg on each side
    4. Incline dumbbell row (PT had written down 6kg!! but could only really use 3kg on each side)

5. Incline dumbbell curl - 3kg on each side (this one hurt)
    6. Dumbbell triceps extension (overhead on bench) 15*3, 3kg but had to go down to 2kg for the last set)

7. Dumbbell chest press - (15*3) 4kg then 5kg for last 2 sets (on each side)
    8. Inverted lat pulldown with narrow grip - (15*3) - 22.5kg

Finished with spiderman ab excercises - 10 on each side *3. Fecking SORE!

B: Hi-8 museli
    L: Salad w/half a tin of tuna, half a pepper, cottage cheese, baby spinach, cucumber, tomatoes.
    Snack: Banana, apple, hazelnuts, 3 cups of green tea, 1 coffee (non-negotiable)
    D: Pan fried fish w/quinoa and mixed veg
    Post gym snack: 2 slices of ryvita with cottage cheese and sun dried tomatoes
    (Hmm looks like a lot of food when you write it down!!)

Tuesday

45 minute spinning class before work - it was a struggle to get out of bed but I have to say I'm feeling fantastic and energized, even after dying a few times last night :D

B: Banana and oats soaked in apple juice :)
    L: Salad w/half a tin of tuna, half a pepper, cucumber, left over quinoa, cottage cheese + yoghurt
    Snack: Banana, apple, 3 cups of green tea, 1 coffee (non-negotiable)
    D: 2 Beef and veg fajitas with a teeny bit of sour cream and tomatoes
    Snack: Does a glass of red wine count as a snack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Right - fantastically hard Kettlebell class last night.

Wednesday

After a warm up, We did 15 mins of swings interspersed with turkish getups

Then we did ladders

- Swings (12kg)
    - Squats (12kg)
    - Pushups

we started off with 2 of each and finished at 10!! (I did 54 man-pushups, very proud of myself for that one!)

B: Oats soaked in apple juice
    L: Noodles with soy sauce, peppers, onions and tomato
    Snack: Apple, Banana, Yoghurt
    D: Home made ticka masala with basmati rice
    Post Gym snack: Mouthfull of beer, one choclate finger and ryvita with hummus :)

Absolutely starving this morning and feeling a bit emaciated :-/

Advertisement