Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of wedding albums...?

• 30-05-2011 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

So we often have threads here whereby people look for recommendations for albums. I was wondering would it be possible for us the create a list. I am currently looking for a new album to offer and the search really is wrecking my head. I am supplying the Graphi, which I love and will continue to supply but I want to offer a slightly cheaper alternative but cut out the standard book I have.

I have looked at Loxely and Sim2000 today alone and although similar to some I have seen they really arent offering a saving on the Graphi album.

Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

I can highy reccommend a company on your doorstep call Highcove http://www.photostorie.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

You could try AsukaBook books. They are really well put together and they use lay-flat pages. However they are not really very much cheaper than Graphi even though they are a photobook rather than an album.

I have a customer who wanted a photobook with the lay flat pages so I came across a company in the US called MyPublisher who do photobooks along the mould of blurb et al but they do have a product that use the Lay Flat pages so you get the wedding album type layout but on a much cheaper photobook.

I haven't used them but I am sending out an order on one this week so I will let you know what they are like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

slimboyfat wrote: »
    I can highy reccommend a company on your doorstep call Highcove http://www.photostorie.ie/

I was going to recomend Highcove as well, but thought you'd already been using them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I have seen highcove and they are nice, is there a saving on Graphi though?

I found Finao who look nice but also pricey, White wedding album not too pricey so may be worth a look and Leather Craftsman, yet to see a price list, all in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

One more for Highcove.ie great range of products and the quality is excellent

• Advertisement

Ok I have sent a mail off for pricing of Highcove products, I know I got it before but I dumped a load of things when moving and think that may be gone too.

If I can get something cheaper than Graphi I think I will be able to get a fair few sales from it. Looks like I will be ordering at least 10 Graphi albums before the year is out as it is.

I will pm you Tony's number and he will drop into you when hes around

Cool, thanks.

This researching is actually doing my head in now, it would be soooooo much easier if I found a place where I could say right, this is the max I want to spend on a 40 page album, give me an individual looking design and presto....

There is just tooo much to choose from. I just received pricing for leather craftsman and I have to say, the albums look stunning, I suppose pricing isnt bad but I cant help comparing everything to the price of a Graphi...!

To update, I think I may have found a nice in between album that could sell quite well through Tony. I will view next week but I reckon this might be the album I have been looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Just as an add-on....

Are there any suggestions for a proof album that people can select from for the main album?

I dont use proof albums myself, as my clients get all their images on disc there is no need for it, they can select from the disc. If you are intending on giving the couple a disc I dont see the need fo the extra expense of a proof book.

They are friends so I don't mind but if I had a preference I would prefer a book.

Thats just me though.

It is nice but then you also have to consider costs, if it is something you want to go into in the future you need to keep costs as low as possible to keep and attractive price. I cant recall the names of places that do them but I did price them before and found that cost wise it was a bit too much, iirc I was looking at close to 100 to put all images from an average wedding into a proof book.

Yea seems a bit high alright.

Might just one in blurb or something like that to keep the cost down.

One issue for me is that when a cd is played on a bad monitor or a tv the exposure and colour can be really bad so thats worth considering as well.

Cheers

That is true which is why I meet with my clients and preview the disc on my own laptop, that way showing the images as they should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

How did the Highcove stuff work out for you STG?

Never made id down since Epoca gave me an offer I could not refuse. I will still take a trip down in the next few weeks but very busy at the moment so I want to get my Epoca samples done and then visit them.

Give Tony a ring and he will come out to you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Well the MyPublisher book arrived and it's not too bad. Much better quality than a Blurb one that I had - obviously not a patch on a proper wedding album but for a photobook it's nice and definitely something i will think about offering as a budget photobook if requested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement