Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointing paving

• 30-05-2011 2:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to point up some paving. Any time I've done it using the 'brush in dry mix' method I've ended up spending too much time clearing up again or staining the slabs.
    I am thinking of having a go at it using wet sand and cement in a home made piping bag - the sort of thing used for decorating cakes. Anyone ever tried something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi sb why dont you use a mortar gun.see photo:D:D:Dponddigger

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

ponddigger wrote: »
    hi sb why dont you use a mortar gun.see photo:D:D:Dponddigger

Cheers PD.
    Is that a mastic gun modified to use mortar? If I went into my local builders' store and asked for a mortar gun - would they think i was taking the mick - I've never seen one before. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi sb.this is for pointing stone walls or paving slabs look at the internet:D:Dponddigger

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Will do. Thanks.

Advertisement