Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli Tuna

Options
  • 30-05-2011 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have two lovely Tuna Steaks at home for tonight's dinner. I also have a bottle of Sweet Chilli Sauce. Do you reckon they would go together? Also would you marinate the steaks in the sauce or just put some on the plate for dipping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I personally don't like sweet chilli all that much, I would season and grill -rare and then serve with the sauce on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Thanks for that! I'm not sure about doing it rare, I like things cooked through, but I'll put a bit on the side for a bit of flavour!

cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

I've done Tuna steaks a few times lately, marinated first in some teriyaki sauce, then a bit of salt and pepper just before frying a couple of minutes on both sides. Even if you don't like it rare I'd be careful to not overcook it or it could end up too dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sweet chilli sauce is unsuitable as a marinade because the sugar will burn long before the tuna is cooked unless you are eating it blue. Use it as a side dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Boil some pasta and stir fry peppers, red onion and sweet corn once all is cooked add the veg to the drained pasta and add sweet chilli sauce, grill or pan fry the tuna, you might like things well cooked but over cooked tuna is disgusting,serve the tuna with the pasta dish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Thanks everyone! In the end, I had to forgo the chilli sauce because it was gone off! But my steaks turned out lovely, nice and moist :D Had them with baby spuds and steamed veg - was lovely :)

Advertisement