Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suenos 2 - any good?

Options
  • 30-05-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have been studying about 15 months and I am making progress with speaking spanish but feel my comprehension is poor. I tried the various 1 minute clips on the bbc website of suenos 2 and it is a good level for me, Usually I can make out most of what they say, sometimes less. It has options to read the dialogue in Spanish and/or English.

I was looking at buying the CDS and workbooks as I want to concentrate on my listening skills (michael thomas good for talking). I never used Suenos 1 but as that is beginners I don't see the point at this stage.

Also - as it is visual sometimes it helps with the understanding, as would bet the case in real life situations.

Anyone used it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I can't comment on Suenos 2, but if you want to get used to "normal speed" Spanish too, I'd highly recommend going to euronews.net because you can see all the stories in Spanish (menu link at the top to change language), but the big plus is that the video commentaries are almost written word for word below the video, so it's great for reading along. You can view the same story in English then for comprehension. But it'll get you used to the sounds of Spanish at a normal pace.

Advertisement