Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet safe grass killer?

Options
  • 30-05-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just looking for some help, I've got a stone/gravel back garden and with all the sun/rain/sun there's been a huge growth of grass shooting up through the stones.

What I'm wondering is there any dog safe grass killer out there as my dog uses the back garden for his 1's and 2's he's always in and out of the house and I wouldnt want anything to happen him if I put something down on the grass. Or even a home made killer.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

salt, vinegar even bleach (not great). Baking soda ( bicarbonate of soda ) can be used to neutralise the vinegar (good in itself for mould and sterilizing)

Maybe all combine several and use washing up liquid as wetting agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Roundup is safe for pets... Read the instructions..
    Keep pet off the area until it drys and it will be OK

http://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/FAQs/Roundup

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

?

Here's another question mark over Monsanto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

?

Here's another question mark over Monsanto.

Hardly objective or relevant, comparing weed control in intensive agriculture areas to domestic gardens? You're hardly suggesting that gardeners using 'glyphosate' which is the most common and active ingredient in many leading weedkillers (including Roundup) pose a risk of encouraging superweeds?

Perhaps the anti-Monsanto lobby have more time than most gardeners to be on hands and knees picking weeds out? :confused:

OP - check labels for instructions, but most weedkillers incl Roundup (or Glyphosate based products) are with some commonsense precautions are perfectly safe to use.

Advertisement