Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best bag of chips in Galway?

Options
  • 30-05-2011 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭

i know its the city section but im gonna name luca's takeaway,bridge st athenry as the best (imo)
    ive had chips all over galway :)
    home made style chips,salt n vinegar...yummmmm, curry aint bad either, whats your favourite bag of chips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Nico's ClareGalway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Sit in, the Townhouse. Mc Donaghs and the pizza place opp Kebab house on Mary St are good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

mc donaghs are good chips alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Don't like greasy chips unless it is 3 in the morning and at that time I'd eat anything but love China Garden chips. It's the Chinese in Wellpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

McDonaghs imo. Loads of salt and vinegar.

Drool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Vinnies are fairly decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Vinnies and Bethlehem... maybe Bethlehem more so because they are so different

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

+ 1 for Nico's in Claregalway - chips are beautiful!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Burger Kings.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That Harry Fitz place on shop st. that opened recently does some pretty good chips.
    That's of you like real fresh cut chips though. Not the frozen shoite they seem to peddle everywhere these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

That Harry Fitz place on shop st. that opened recently does some pretty good chips.
    That's of you like real fresh cut chips though. Not the frozen shoite they seem to peddle everywhere these days.
    +1 for Harry Fitz.
    Had rotten ones in Pizza Shack last week, tasted like the oil had cooked about a million pieces of fish prior to my chips.

Vinnies.

Bad times when I used to live on dominic street! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

McDonaghs - had some today lovely!

JD

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

'Marios' near Gleann na Ri out by Merlin park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Tried Harry Fitz' chips last night for the first time. Probably the best bag I've had in a while. Homemade, but cut thicker than McDonagh's/Vinnie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I have a voucher for Harry Fitz - can't wait to give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭squonk

+1 Harry Fitz!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

Kettle of Fish across from Buscar Browns is my fav. The guy who owns the place is sound out also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

ive not had harry fitz's or vinnie's ....:eek:

must remedy that

Kettle of Fish across from Buscar Browns is my fav. The guy who owns the place is sound out also
    Are you that guy??? If not then try finding the Kettle thread on here and see what most people think of it, its a disaster, bad food a lot of the time, woefully poor service from all bar one current staff member and a rotten attitude from the owner/ manager/ frier. And to make it worse it actually used to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

Are you that guy??? If not then try finding the Kettle thread on here and see what most people think of it, its a disaster, bad food a lot of the time, woefully poor service from all bar one current staff member and a rotten attitude from the owner/ manager/ frier. And to make it worse it actually used to be good.

Wow, I did not know all that. Well, i always thought their chips were really good, I used to live over Buscar browns and always got them, though that was around 3 years ago.

The Welsh owner fella always seemed sound to me, last staff girl I recall was a Polish girl who I found lovely.

I'll have to go in again and see what you mean, clearly if there is a whole thread open about it there must be something to it.

Someone posted about the China Garden, which i live beside now, don't remember thinking they were anything special but their 4-in-1s are tasty and giving me a bad stomach:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

Burger Kings.

Haha good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Jaysus, their fish is mighty though. Much nicer than McDonagh's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Don't like Harry Fitz at all tbh, they were too oiley and too hard and didn't soak up vinegar at all.

Kettle of fish are nice but the portion is tiny for the price.

So, i'd have to say McDonaghs, other places are Nicos and that chipper near Ulster bank in Lisbaun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Capones

/drool

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm going to get hammered for this but:
    a) Mustard's skinny fries
    b) MacDonald's

I like fries, not chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

biko wrote: »
    b) MacDonald's

I like fries, not chips.

Mustard do skinny fries? I'll have to try them, I love skinny fries.

My favourite chips vary, depending on what I'm having with them. If they're being loaded with salt and vinegar it's McDonaghs, if I want plain chips I'll go to Charcoal and if I want chips with sauce or cheese I'll get Kebab House or maybe Vinnies. Burger King and McDonalds are my favourite hangover chips.

biko wrote: »
    b) MacDonald's

I like fries, not chips.
    down with that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Jack Jordans out in Doughiska

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

moonflower wrote: »
    Mustard do skinny fries? I'll have to try them, I love skinny fries.
    They stopped doing them when they changed the menu a while back :(

Advertisement