Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raid 0( is this speed ok, or could it be better

Options
  • 30-05-2011 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi there

i have raided 2 drives, (0cz agility 3, 525mb read,write 425mb) and speed im getting is as follows, read/ 600mb ,write/ 340write,, the drive read/ n write, 500mb each.

what do you think of those scores.is there a prob with the controler,., i use a gigabyte g1 assasin mobo

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

As far as I know, on most controllers TRIM is only supported when the drive is not in Raid. Also which controller are you using?

Have you configured Windows for use with the ssd? Ssd optimisation tips

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

does your motherboard support SATA 3.0 (SATA 6 Gbit/s)?

sounds like it might only support SATA 2.0 (SATA 3 Gbit/s) which would top out at around 300 MB/s per port.

EDIT: just noticed you mentioned your mobo there and that it does do SATA 3.0, so not sure what it could be in your case, unless maybe the SATA cables aren't up to scratch for the higher speed?

funnily enough, i'm just waiting myself for my two 60gb agility 3's to be delivered from overclockers, but i have the same dilemma with the motherboard only supporting SATA 2.0. :(

i'm sitting here now trying to justify a new motherboard, but my current socket 1156 and i5 750 are only just starting to get a bit dusty, so it's a tough sell, particularly as i already have a 60gb 2nd gen SSD in it already. :D

Advertisement