Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Athy Sprint 05/06/2011

• 30-05-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I couldn't find a thread on this- apologies if it's a duplication. Anyone else doing this? Will be my first of the year, a bit late getting going.

Has it been strict on drafting in the past? Also do we select a swim wave at registration? (I was sure I selected earlier than this at other races..)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Strict on drafting? No.... From what I know of this an the organizers other races they tend to be draft fests.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tom francy

Doing the sprint on sunday.its my first ever triathlon starting to get nervous now :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

mloc123 wrote: »
    Strict on drafting? No.... From what I know of this an the organizers other races they tend to be draft fests.

Ah shame that. Can be discouraging seeing others engaging in team time trial type tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yup. I think athy has a reputation for drafting at this stage. Although it is a flat fast course too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

mloc123 wrote: »

.... but they do not organise any other races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

was the run longer than 5k yesterday ?...anyone clock it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

Must have been longer than 5km. Felt I was running at 20min 5K pace but came in nearer 22 mins. Was def an extra few hundred meters added. Don't have GPS watch, but would love to know exact length of the run.

I also took longer than usual but felt that could be blamed on the fact that my legs didn't start working until 3k in. Too late by then. I'd have thought it was close enough to 5k though. Didn't feel long but it'd be interesting to hear from someone with a Garmin thingie. Pleased overall though, particularly with the cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 new2tri

funny that - I was disappointed with my run time too... I have a Garmin but don't usually wear it on race days. I know that last km according to the sign felt a lot longer than 1K!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I only did the try a tri but the cycle distance seemed longer and judging by my times it was nearer to 18km than 14km.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

It would certainly be a first for any discipline in Athy to be overly long, it's usually the other way around, hence it's 'europes fastest triathlon' tag.

new2tri wrote: »
    I know that last km according to the sign felt a lot longer than 1K!!

Don't they always?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Murraythree

Wore GPS and run 3.28 m. Not far out. Cycle was short....12.38 m.

Is 12.38 miles not = 19.9km? Given the inaccuarcy of GPS that seems pretty much spot on (?).

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

3.28m = 5.28km - so the run was long. Could have been over a minute quicker otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Anybody see any photo's?

None up yet but they should be on here --> http://www.marathon-photos.com/

Advertisement