Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem switching from Bord Gáis to ESB

Options
  • 30-05-2011 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I posted this originally on another forum and someone suggested I come here since ESB representatives read this.

I switched from Bord Gáis to ESB last month and just received my final bill from Bord Gáis. Although I had given ESB my meter readings at the time I switched, the Bord Gáis bill is based on an estimated reading which is much higher.

I have been back and forth between Bord Gáis and ESB about this for the past week with both companies refusing to take responsibility for making the adjustment to reflect the actual meter reading. ESB insisted only Bord Gáis could adjust their bill. Bord Gáis said they could not adjust it without ESB sending them the actual reading. The consensus on the other forum is that ESB is responsible but ESB themselves do not seem to agree.

I complained to the Energy Regulator who said they would look into it but they have not come back to me. I can't get through on their line and they don't seem to answer emails.

Today after spending another 20 minutes on the phone with ESB they finally agreed to take my updated meter reading. They said they would lodge a "query" and someone would phone me back in about two weeks. I said that my Bord Gáis bill is due for direct debit on Wednesday and I want that bill adjusted. He said he would send the correct readings to Bord Gáis but to be honest he sounded like he was just trying to get me off the phone (can't say I blame him, I wouldn't have wanted to talk to someone in the mood I was in by that point, either).

I guess right now there is nothing for me to do but wait and hope that I get a new adjusted bill. If I don't, I don't know where else to turn. I want to know how something like this happens and why it is so difficult to get the problem solved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Brooklyn70,

Could you send me the account details (number, name, address) by private message?

Just to advise: we can only discuss the account with the named account-holder. This is for data protection reasons.

Regards :)
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Brooklyn70

PM sent

Advertisement