Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain name query

Options
  • 30-05-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi I have been looking to get a domain name. Someone uses the domain name I want but have not renewed it. The renewal date was yesterday, how long before I can go and get it?

Whoever took the domain name never did anything with it so I suspect they might not renew.

What do I do I don't want to miss the opportunity!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

it will be "dormant" for approx a month after its renewal expiry date before its available for sale (unless its a .ie account in which case ...you cant simply just buy it)

the owner can renew at any stage.... you could offer to purchase the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Days

It is an .ie account so there is nothing I can do?

Thanks
    Days

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Give ISP Blacknight a call. They have a website http://dropped.ie/ where the publish dropped domains. Ask them what the process is.

At least with an .ie you dont have gits like sedo.com peddling domains snapped up electronically (and to the minute) by the Russians etc. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Days

Thanks for that all very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Not sure if you have done anything about this but just incase.

As stated the expired domain has a grace period before it can be registered by someone else.

.ie domains are harder to register than .com and others. You must have a registered business name similar to what you are registering.

If it still hasn't been renewed you can register a company name at www.core.ie just make sure its very similar to the domain you want example register something like "Web Design Ireland" to get webdesign-ireland.ie

It can take a couple of weeks for the registration to go through so by the time you can register the .ie you should at least have the required registered business number.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement